New Books: The Origin of Life & Was Life Created?

by ForbiddenFruit 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ForbiddenFruit
    ForbiddenFruit

So family forced me into accepting the two new pro-creation books released at the Convention. I haven't had a chance to read them properly yet, but I expect to be DRILLED to death by friends and family on how brilliant the book is.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone was working on a critical analysis? or could join me in putting together a list of flaws in the books? (I'm sure there are loads).

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I would start by looking up the referenced material used in the quotes for one. I think the back page has the references. I bet most if not all was taken out of context to support their doctrine.

I have both brochures but I'm hitting up the Jeremiah book first.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Books?

They are 32-pages brochures. Not books.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

There is a thread here that deals with the misquotes from #38 up to the end of the section on Evolution in "Origin of Life." Very detailed and well-sourced.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/194732/1/DC-2010-Release-The-Origin-of-Life-and-its-many-misquotes

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

You can check out my new video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9lFOdN9yR8

Hope it helps.

• sir82
    sir82

Given the WT's history of cherry-picking isolated snippets out of context and using them to buttress weak arguments, and the fact that the Society made it oh so easy to verify that that is what they did by including references in each brochure, I would think it would take a minimum of effort to do such a critique on one's own.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I briefly checked out the table of contents of the PDF of one of the brochures someone posted a link for...

...I mentally checked out about 12.36 seconds into it. Deleted it from my desktop microseconds later.

...truly... I cannot be bothered to listen/read that WTSh*t anymore... LOL progress.

..I still enjoy perusing Blondie's comments, but only for her amazing memory and wit, not the witlessness of the WT articles themselves.

..my JW mom no longer discusses WT, or sadly anything else, with me these days...so no need to keep up...

Snakes (Rich )

• Copernic
    Copernic

Hey Shepherd Book !

Would it be possible to have the PowerPoint File used for this video ? I would like to translate it in French...if it's possible...

Thank you very much

Cheers

Copernic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit