WHAT is the punishment for 'eating' BLOOD?

by Adonai438 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

I read this atricle recently that sums up rather nicely why the Watchtower stance on Blood Transfusions is innaccurate and deadly.
    Please read this for information before taking your position on the issue & I would welcome any comments:

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES—
    TWISTING THE SCRIPTURES ON BLOOD
    By Lorri MacGregor
    The entire world reeled in shock when Jim Jones led over 900 people to their deaths in the jungle. I cannot help but wonder how many Jehovah’s Witnesses have died without fanfare, one by one, refusing blood transfusions. I was very nearly a statistic also while a
    Jehovah’s Witness. Let’s consider this dangerous doctrine.

A key scripture used by the Jehovah’s Witness leaders is Genesis 9:4, which they teach is binding on all inhabitants of the earth,
    “Only flesh with its soul—its blood—you must not
    eat” (NWT).

This Scripture is telling the flood survivors not to eat unbled meat. Nothing more is implied, except by the Jehovah’s Witnesses, who say “eating” means “transfusing.” The Old Law Covenant given to the nation of Israel did contain dietary laws on blood, but they
    were not binding on Gentiles (see Deuteronomy 14:21). Also, Jehovah’s Witnesses are taught that they will lose their eternal life if they take a blood transfusion. This excessive penalty for “eating blood” does not even agree with the Old Law!
    Here is the Old Law penalty contained in Leviticus 17:14,15:
    “For the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood by the soul in it. Consequently I said to the sons of Israel: ‘You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.’ As for any
    soul that eats a body (already) dead or something torn by a wild beast, whether a native or an alien resident, he must in that case wash his garments and bathe in water and be unclean until the evening; and he must be clean.” (New World Translation)

Yes, the penalty for eating (or in Jehovah’s Witness reasoning, taking a blood transfu-sion)was being “cut off,” until you had washed your clothes and taken a bath, and then you
    could return!
    Why then believe an organization that would take your eternal life as a pen-alty for a blood transfusion?
    God never would!
    Likewise, the New Testament scriptures in Acts, chapter 15, verses 20 and 29, saying among other things to “abstain from blood,” are not by any stretch of interpretation referring to blood transfusions.

It is interesting that at one point in the history of the Watchtower Society all the Scriptures they now use to refuse blood transfusions were used to refuse vaccinations! Remember that in the past the Society rejected the theory that diseases were caused by germs
    and ridiculed Pasteur for this scientific truth. The founder of the Society, Charles T. Russell, also taught that appendicitis and typhoid fever were really caused by biting worms in the
    colon. With their history of advice on medical issues, one would do well to ignore their “truths” on blood transfusions as well.

We are encouraged by the recent “revolt” against this unbiblical practice by a secretgroup of Jehovah’s Witnesses themselves. Since they are operating on the internet, the elders can’t catch them and dispose of them. They produce excellent medical information on blood transfusions and expose the hypocrisy of the Watchtower Society.
    Their website is:
    http://www.ajwrb.org
    if you are interested.

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

So you ignore the part about "As for any
    soul that eats a body (already) dead ,,," It changes to a different What If then ,,,

Blind leading Blind?
    You abstain your way, and I'll abstain from just about every doctor of today as much as I can!

Pill pushing gods in white coats! Yes, run to the pharmakia (sorcery) DRUG PUSHING gods. *chuckles and laffs* Good health to you!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

That was a well thought our article. It could have been expanded more by quoting Awake articles on the subject of blood. And also any related Questions From Readers in the Watchtower. What I would love to ask a Governing Body member is why does the blood fraction guidelines keep changing? I know why it does, because the blood policy is a bad policy. I just want the Governing Body to admit it.

Just a side thought. I always had trouble defending the blood policy to people outside of my former faith. I hope the policy keeps evolving until it no longer exists.

Is this a light saber in my pocket or am I just happy to see you?

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

Correct me if I am wrong but...

The JWs will NOT accept blood, but will accept any blood fragment. If this is true, what prevents a JW from accepting an assemblage of all the fragments. What about an assemblage of all but one of the fragments - that way it is not truly WHOLE blood?

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

Another thing...

Why don't JWs just accept the transfusion and then go take a bath like their bible says to?

• Englishman
    Englishman

Well, yesterday I was feeling a little peckish at around 10.30am.

So, I went to the butchers shop. He supplied me with several rashers of bacon, some eggs and some black pudding. I grilled the bacon, grilled the black pudding and fried an egg, put the bread in the toaster and had an excellent brunch.

According to JW's, I have just forsaken my everlasting life because I ate the black pudding. It was delish! And some people would rather die than eat the black pud.

Barmy or what.

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• Bang
    Bang

To ElijahTheThird,

So you ignore the part about "As for any
    soul that eats a body (already) dead ,,,"

As for applying scripture to the physical - Absolutely, ignore it every time. If I'm hungry enough give me a feed of corpse, especially if it was frozen.

As for behaving and becoming like (eating) someone who is spiritually dead - No way - in other words, I won't be going along with JW type of physical application of spiritual teaching - now or ever. Some traditional ceremony and observances for the purpose of commemoration of such things is cool though.

You abstain your way
    Naturally - we do still grieve over the 'dead' though, but we don't "eat" them.

Bang

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

Bang;
    The point, which I think you missed entirely was about the idea of the passage changed. It became a different circumstance and so not of the same punishment. ?hmmmm

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Elijah, unless you butcher your own meat, you qualify as one of the ones "eating a body that is already dead." So rather than die, why don't you get the transfusion then ask your nice nurse to give you a little bathy wathy?

Also, unless you are a Jew, you aren't obligated to follow this law. You may partake of unbled meat as a Gentile.

And since I know you're saying to yourself that Acts 15 applies to all Christians. So I'll answer you before you respond.

Why did Paul partake of meat which had been sacrificed to idols and obviously unbled if he meant Acts 15 to mean what JWs say it means? Wouldn't he be going against his own command?

And one last question, do you purchase strictly "Kosher" meats? If not, why not?

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

ONE last try to show a simple point. WHAT I PERSONALY DO HAS NO BEARING!

The punishment for eating blood is "CUTTING OFF"!
    The punishment for eating "dead" meat is uncleanness till evening!
    The post was WRONG that started this thread!

What, when, where, and why YOU eat is your concern and your concience!
    What, when, where, and why you prescribe to specific medical treatments is YOUR choice!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit