Full page Advertisement in New York Times July 5, 1998

by UN plugged 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• UN plugged
    UN plugged

Does anyone have a scan of this full page ad the Watchtower took out protesting the French government and their tax exempt status? Any help is much appreciated.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

What you are looking for is here:

http://www.watchtowernews.org/nytimes.htm

nytimes.jpg (143609 bytes)

• Gerard
    Gerard

Tax is not a punishement, but a basic economic duty to society.

• Mary
    Mary

"...Would the fact that some taxes appear to be inequitable, excessive, counterproductive, or in some other way inappropriate, exempt Christians from paying these? Or if one could point to some use of tax money by the government that was contrary to Bible principles, would Christians have the option to refrain from paying a portion of their taxes? What if the Tax Seems Unfair?........... Rather, we should go out of our way to do what is required of us instead of looking for excuses to shirk our responsibility. This includes efforts to determine what is rightfully due the government and then paying it."

"Some businessmen feel that if they paid all taxes that the law required, they could not operate their business profitably. Whether valid or not, this feeling underscores the need to familiarize yourself thoroughly with all tax obligations before embarking on any business venture. Christians, then, must feel obliged to pay all legally tendered taxes regardless of the use to which the money is put. Thus the plain command at Romans 13:7 is adhered to: "Render to all their dues, to him who calls for the tax, the tax; to him who calls for the tribute, the tribute."----November 8, 1986 Awake! pp. 26-27 Must All Taxes Be Paid?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Mary, that is an awesome quote. Someone should have spent the $$$ and put that quote on a full page ad opposite the Borg's propaganda piece.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

What happened to Jesus fine counsel on "pay back Ceasar's things to Ceasar but God's things to God?"

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

The supreme arrogance of these people! They have the balls to reference the UN and state that "the ability to practice religion freely is a basic human right" when they themselves do NOT provide this to their adherents! Not only that, they demonize any who question their doctrines and prohibit precious family members to speak to them!

I am glad France imposed this tax on them. I just wish it would happen everywhere. It would surely put the WT out of business quick.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

This is disturbing news. This means the the Witnesses that have been studying with me have lied to me. They said the society was neutral in political matters. I am upset about being deceived like this.

It is also likely only a coincidence, that ad was published on X-Day!

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Yeah, but did they feel it was discriminatory and unjust?

Did the Jedi mind trick of the WTS work on the President of France?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit