What if Jesus?

by Darth plaugeis 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I asked an Elder this question once and never got a response back.

As JW's know, only Jesus could take Adam's place, ect, ect, because he's perfect like Adam. We all agree right? Well then if Jesus wasn't PUT to death, he would have lived for ever since he was perfect.

Is this farfetched or plausible?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Well then if Jesus wasn't PUT to death, he would have lived for ever since he was perfect.

I have heard elders take that position. I don't know if it's actually in the society's literature or not.

What I could never accept was the JW stance that Jesus was equal to Adam. Even if he was a man, just as Adam was, the JWs maintain that he had a "prehuman existance". This alone eliminates any level playing field between Jesus and Adam.

W

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

By the time I left the Witnesses, I remember thinking that if the promise of everlasting life was true, the very least that god could have done is let someone live forever. Imagine if Jesus had actually been alive in the flesh for the past 2000 years. What better proof of god's existence and power could there have been? If you're going to use the carrot and the stick, the least you can do is use a real carrot and not some imaginary one.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis
    Imagine if Jesus had actually been alive in the flesh for the past 2000 years. What better proof of god's existence and power could there have been?

That would be cool. And that's a REAL sign

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis
    he had a "prehuman existance". This alone eliminates any level playing field between Jesus and Adam

I totally agree on this thought. I alway said if Jesus was to take Adam's place then Jesus should have stayed DEAD! Adam gets no resurrection which should mean Jesus gets the same. That is Sacrifice, not die and 3 days later (human time) come back, and as we all know a day for Jah is a 1000 years for humans. So how long was Jesus dead for then in God's eyes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit