Pizza Heaven

by Louise 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Louise
    Louise

I haven't had pizza in absolute ages!!! Today our boss bought in 20 various pizzas to say "Well done" for the month of March. I've eaten like 5 slices already. Sooooooooooo delicious.

Okay - just a note - our South African pizza is waaaay different in size to American pizza. So 5 slices is not SO bad.

"Happy Pizza Dance"

So far my favorite one of the day is the black olive and feta cheese. Very nom noms and more-ish.

These are also all thin based.

I would like to have a thick based again - haven't had one of those in forever.

I'm eye-ing out the mushroom, chicken tikka.

• roberto avon
    roberto avon
    Louise, I am so sorry to tell you this but the real and only pizza you can get is in Napoli and where I live ( 400 miles away ) pizza is ok but not as it is in the " real " pizzerias in Napoli, so I would say;" don't worry to much ".
  • Louise
    Louise
    Roberto, I have been to Italy and ate at a fabulous lil pizzeria where the pizza was getting made in front of us fresh fresh fresh. The pizza we bought was SO DELICIOUS!
  • sillygirlforgotpassword
    sillygirlforgotpassword
    Wow we have someone from Naples in our midst!! When I was there I made sure I had pizza for lunch dinner AND Breakfast. And I'm someone who generally never orders for a pizza. That, and fresh mozzarella balls and the one euro baba rhums from the street sellers. Sigh. :)
  • Chris Hannover
    Chris Hannover

What I thought when I saw the thread title:

"When you die, if you are given a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmmmmmm, boy." -Jack Handy

• roberto avon
    roberto avon
    Thank you for all these positive comments, I really would like to invite you for a pizza..
  • Miles
    Miles
    Roberto, are you 400 miles south or north? LOL
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback
    My favorite pizza was when I was growing up in Montreal. They had this small itallian restaurant that really had a great menu. I've tried to revisit that experience, but nothing has come close to it.. I like the original ingredients, though. Pepperoni, mushroom, greenpepper, cheese, and anchovies.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

the real and only pizza you can get is in Napoli and where I live

I am constantly astounded by the international participation there is on the board!

AND, the incredible proficiency of the English language had by these people from all over the world is amazing.

Someone who speaks fluently in 2 languages -- bilingual.

Someone who speaks fluently in 3 languages -- trilingual.

Someone who speaks only one language -- American.

Doc

• talesin
    talesin

I was a pizza cook at one time, and one I made at home was this: shredded chicken with sliced artichoke hearts and crumbled feta, with a sprinkling of sliced black olives. I like a light tomato sauce (traditional Italian spice) and some parmesan cheese for a base, but you decide.

Make sure you coat the pan with EVOO, so that the crust is nice and crispy, and cook at a high temp. 425 - 450F. ENJOY!

Mmm, Za! And yes, the traditional Italian, omg ............ so good and miss that.

I can no longer enjoy Za because of certain digestive problems, but yes, people, make your own! ENJOY! ;d

Thanks. sweetie, for loving the Za. Hey, we should make up some kinda goddess (like the flying spaghetti monster) for Pizza .. hmmm, that's a thought!

Oh, and a thin crust, oh yes, is best. Traditional, brushed with the best of EVOO and spiced, or world-cultural, with a meal on top ... either way, it's a nutritious and healthy food if prepared in the proper manner.

And Day-YUM good! * huge grin *

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit