Help for a friend

by grewupjw1969 7 Replies latest jw friends

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

Hey everyone,

I have a friend who is divorcing her JW husband, she is baptized but has not attended a meetting in nearly 5 years. The other day he came at her with Proverbs 31 and telling her that she is not living up to her Christian duties as a wife. He states that because of this he has had to step down from his Elder position. She wants to show him from a JW standpoint what a husbands responisbilties are. They a have a child with disabilites that he does not give much help with. What JW material can she show him?

Thanks

Grewup

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

She should not bother showing him stuff. He already knows he has to take care of his own.

Any elder whose wife has not been attending for 5 years should let his conscience move him to stop being an "example" to the congregation regardless of what he does in the congregation. He has a family that needs his help and it is no real dishonor to step aside from responsibilities.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Sounds like he's just trying to guilt and manipulate her into staying. Well, boo-hoo for poor him, he has to step down from being an elder. Big deal. I agree, it's pointless to try and argue with such a person. She'd just be falling into the trap that he's setting to keep her around.

If I were her, I'd tell him, "that's too bad, but it sounds like a personal problem to me" and go ahead and divorce the jerk. "Christian duties as a wife", my arse.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

*Giggles at Brizzzy*

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Just divorce the bastard, funny during my divorce the bible truths flew out the window to protect my wife who's dad was the head elder of the Hall.

Take him to the CLEANERS!!!!!!!!!

• garyneal
    garyneal

Well, she can try Ephesians 5:25, or maybe 1 Timothy 5:8. However, I doubt at this point it will do much good.

Her husband would have to be humble enough to even entertain the possibility that he may be contributing to the problems in their marriage.

Since your message portrays him as a 'know it all' elder in his congregation, I doubt he is that humble. This divorce maybe exactly what he needs.

How about a nice slice of humble pie?

Humble Pie

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

You can't fix stupid.

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

LOL... Thanks everyone. Sorry for the delay in responding as I have been ill.

I totally agree with Brizzzy... he needs to be cleaned out good. he has put her thru so very much. Just don't want to elaobrate her.

Again thanks.

Grewup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit