UN Library - no change in 1991 CONFIRMED

by Lionel_P_Hartley 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

I received the following two emails from Dana Loytved who is Senior Reference Librarian at the UN library in NYC.

In view of her first reply I asked her what procedure the WTS used to access the library before 1991. Her second reply is a bit cryptic but she states with confidence that there were no changes in procedure. I don't want to pester these kind folks any more.

The procedure for a library pass is the following: the interested party needs to fill out an application form and supply a letter of recommendation in support of the research. If the needed material is not available in a UN depository library (the list of depository libraries is posted at: http://www.un.org/depts/dhl/deplib/countries/), the application is approved and sent to UN Security. UN Security checks the application and, if approval is granted, instructs the Pass Office to issue a library pass for the applicant.

The issuance of a library pass is independent of NGO status or any other status. There has been no change in the library pass policy.

NGO representatives with UN grounds pass do not need to apply for a library pass since the grounds pass will allow them to use the UN Library.

Best regards,
    Dana Loytved

Senior Reference Librarian
    UN/SA Reference Desk
    United Nations Library, New York
    E-mail: [email protected]

Senior Reference Librarian

Second email:

I have been at this library since 1985 and confirm again that there was no change in 1991.

Best regards,
    Dana

UN/SA Reference Desk
    United Nations Library, New York
    E-mail: [email protected]

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

Joseph Alward stated in another thread:

Show me a letter from someone who was at the Dag Hammeskold Library in 1991 and who would have been in a position to know about any changes in admission requirements, and I will believe that the Watchtower was either lying, or badly misinformed. If there is no such letter, why should we believe the Watchtower was lying about this?
    We now have an email that satisfies exactly those criteria. Now what?

LPH

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Congrats LPH.

I have been away from the board for a while and am just getting caught up with everything.

This is not knew and I can confirm this as being true. I have given out the main UN librarian's phone number time and time again on this issue and so has Randy Watters.

Shame on you, Joe A. for wasting LPH's time like this. You damn well knew this a long time ago just like I did and yet you continued to push it.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit