untitled

by goddidit 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• goddidit
    goddidit

I was told by a JW that the linguists have drawn lines on the map between languages with common words and the lines intersect at a single point, which they claim must be where the tower of babel was. Obviously, this doesn't work mathematically but I'd be interested to see the article if anyone knows where to locate it.

Thanks

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I would have asked him to find the article for me.

The only way they are ever going to find out that they are full of crap, is if they try to prove it.

Welcome to they forum.

Chris

• goddidit
    goddidit

Thanks Chris

I did ask for the article but he was unable to locate it at the time ;-)

I explained that the premise implies all migrations from the tower went in straight lines right up until today and the response was 'well, maybe the lines are symbolic', LOL!

Still interested to see the article if it exists...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Now you have something to ask him for every time you see him

You haven't made any headway with a JW until they have to back down on a statement they made.

Never put yourself in the same position. Never tell a JW something that you can't prove quickly and easily.

You are better off asking questions, than making statements that you have to prove.

Cheers

Chris

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You might find this an interesting read

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/108777/1/Historical-Linguistics

I suspect that if your JW manages to find the article he claims exists, you will find that it has been 'cherry picked' and that the experts he is quoting do not support a 'babel' that fits into the Bible, or WT, chronology. I have heard them quote research about the mitochondrial Eve. Same story. Mitochondrial Eve is way older than Watchtower Eve, so you miss out on an opportunity if you don't ask them to prove it.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit