Mental Health meeting at Kingdom Hall

by grewupjw1969 4 Replies latest jw friends

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

http://bvinews.com/may-is-mental-health-month-community-mental-health-to-remove-stigma/

I have never heard of the JW's allowing an outside org to conduct a health forum in the halls...Interesting.

Grewup

• blondie
    blondie

http://bvinews.com/may-is-mental-health-month-community-mental-health-to-remove-stigma/

This seems to be in the British Virgin Islands. It could be that might have gotten permission from the Branch Office.

It does seem bizarre. In my area of the Midwestern US, I have never heard of such a thing. Something similar where medical staff were invited to a rented facility (program was too large for a KH), to speak to elders, MS, and other jws regarding a new bloodless cilinic.

Also it may seem to say that the presenters were jws, I just think they were non-jws giving a presentation.

If the congregation did this, good for them.

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

Thanks Blondie....I thoughtt I had made it clickable

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I feel sorry for all the JW's who have suffered mental illnesses and were told

they just needed to get closer to Jah and his organization and things would be OK.

for all those suffering mental illness and acted out in behaviour that

was tagged sinful and then disfellowshipped, adding to their already burdens.

For all those that were felt like reading helpful material on mental health

was taboo. Going to therapy was wrong.

This angers me a bit to see that it appears that the Organization is

doing something progressive and new, that they have some understanding,

knowing so many have suffered needlessly

OTH, I am glad for the awareness.

I'm also wondering how many people would be sane

if not for the organizations power of them.

purps

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

This made me think of myself and also my mother. I know that she suffered from severe depression but never sought help for it due to the org's view on it. I do hope that this is a sign that they are moving towards helping with any kind of mental illness.

Grewup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit