"Losing My Religion" Film Project needs help

by Dogpatch 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

passing this on from Jim Moon:

Subject: ExJW Documentary Hi Everyone!
    One of my exJW friends in Los Angeles is developing a documentary about the JWs entitled "Losing My Religion" and he asked me to forward information to anyone I thought might be interested in helping out with its development. Here is a letter of introduction he asked me to pass along, as well as a link to his Facebook page:

Hello,

This is our story. We were once Jehovah's Witnesses. When we leave, we want to find others like ourselves. It all becomes an accelerated learning process in the school of life when we leave. It's often exciting. Sometimes tragic.

My new friends Jim Moon, Paul Marshall, Raven Pence, Ed Burnett & Danielle Bauer have formed a first class international team. What is driving us to make Losing My Religion? Besides the fact that we have a HUGE audience for this film, which is growing every day: It's going to be a landmark film. How so?

* There are currently millions of ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses, ex-Mormons, ex-7th Day Adventists, former Scientologists & other former Islamic cult members, around the world who struggle with adjustment to their new lives outside of their former cult. As a former Jehovah's Witness, I want to help.

* Following on the heels of the very successful documentary films Jesus Camp & Religulous, an intelligent, informative and deeper dive is needed on the direct effects of extreme fundamentalism in the world today.

* Right now, freedom of speech with regard to ALL religion is being challenged: http://www.facebook.com/l/9ee28;blog.unwatch.org/index.php/category/defamation-of-religion and this must never happen. Imagine speaking out against one's former religion not being tolerated!?

* Billions of other people find their life purpose's and identities almost solely through their religions, political persuasions, marriages and/or other relationships, their corporate careers, nationalism, the military, etc. In fact, most of us are willing to throw out our own personal reasoning capabilities and deny our own personal experiences to be relieved of the oppressive burden of figuring out life ourselves. WHY?

Please view the "pitch video" here to learn more about Losing My Religion: http://www.facebook.com/l/9ee28;vimeo.com/10422183 (password: lmr / as in Losing My Religion - lower case)
    Please also check out the "teaser video" I created a few years ago by clicking on the upper right hand side image on this page: http://www.facebook.com/l/9ee28;www.hungrycreature.com/lmr.html

If you are interested in investing in this film, or know people who might be, [let me know].

And, if you know anyone who is a former cult members, like myself, who might be interested in this project, please email me!

Thank you so much for all of your kind support!!
    Stephan

Best Regards,

STEPHAN T MCGUIRE
    3 1 0 . 3 9 5 . 8 7 4 9
    2218 MAIN ST., SANTA MONICA, CA 90405
    Stephan T McGuire

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

check out the quality on HD if you can on the trailer. This will be a good movie.

I met Stephan a few years ago, before he finished the "11th Hour" documentary. Any support you can giv e him will not be wasted.

Randy Watters

freeminds.org

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

BTTT

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

don't everyone reply at once...

• My Struggle
    My Struggle

What is they best way to contact him?

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

STEPHAN T MCGUIRE
    3 1 0 . 3 9 5 . 8 7 4 9
    2218 MAIN ST., SANTA MONICA, CA 90405

or look him up on Facebook

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Hey Randy!

Thank you so much! Fantastic. Perhaps we can add that to contact me via email is best: [email protected] Here is a bit more about my work: http://treemedia.com/treemedia.com/Stephan.html Stephan McGuire

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

marked

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I will be contacting Stephan

LD

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

this is wonderful, more awareness for all about the ways of the JWs and the struggles of those who leave . and a feeling of connectedness for those of us who have walked way

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit