a literary wasteland

by poor places 1 Replies latest jw friends

• poor places
    poor places

Isn't it amazing how many pages the WTS has printed about the Bible over the years? If bros and sisters neglected reading these publications and just focused on the Bible, can you imagine how much more well-versed and enlightened everyone would be? I think the Isaiah's prophecy books are longer than the book of Isaiah! And even harder to read!

Think of how much money the WTS would save if they just printed Bibles instead of these heaps of Bible-based stuff.

On a side note, it's incredible how little attention is paid to sustained reading of the Bible. The reading that most bros and sisters get is fractured in the extreme. It's a verse here, a verse there, followed by commentary from the WTS. Or it's five or six chapters for the weekly Bible reading. That's the most you get, unless you read the Bible on your own, which is an eye-opening experience, to say the least.

• wobble
    wobble

You are so right, but of course, if they just published Bibles people would never come to the same doctrinal views as the Wacky Watchtower.

Then the WT corporation would have no hold on them, and those people would not send in their dollars,

My Super-Uber-dub sister today said to me,and I quote verbatim, "Of course we study the bible, I have just been studying my Watchtower "

I did point out that studying the Watchtower was not studying the Bible, but she has been the captive of a cult for nearly seventy years, and that fell on deaf ears.

The whole sad WT enterprise is a waste of paper,time,money and peoples lives. The only people to gain out of it are the GB and other Bethel inmates and their paid sales force of Zone "Servants" down to Circuit Overseers.

The planet would be a better place without the W.T

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit