Why Are We Still Here!!!!

by freeborg 4 Replies latest jw friends

• freeborg
    freeborg

*** w80 10/15 31 Questions from Readers ***
    As indicated by an article on page 56 of U.S. News & World Report of January 14, 1980, “If you assume that 10 is the age at which an event creates a lasting impression on a person’s memory,” then there are today more than 13 million Americans who have a “recollection of World War I.” And if the wicked system of this world survived until the turn of the century, which is highly improbable in view of world trends and the fulfillment of Bible prophecy, there would still be survivors of the World War I generation. However, the fact that their number is dwindling is one more indication that “the conclusion of the system of things” is moving fast toward its end.

The above is taken from a 1980 watchtower which said it would be highly improbable that we would see the turn of the century.

Is it just me or are we all still here in 2002!!!!!

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Freeborg,

I hope you be around in the 22nd century.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Lets face it, in 1980 we all thought it was highly improbable that we would see the next century

I can recall an incident around that time, after the group study when sister J insisted that she had a WT mag at home that said catagorically that the preching work would be all done by the end of the 1990's . She gave the title and date. Brother L checked his bound volume . It did not say that. "But my copy does!" she insisted . someone ran her home to bring it back. Sure enough the original issued mag said that statement clear as day , but the bound volume had been carefully doctored to leave it out. Brother L was a bit peeved that his bound volume was not a true copy of the mag and wrote up .

They politely said that they had changed it to avoid any "ambiguity".

So much for honest recording of past mistakes!

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

I can't believe they were stupid enough to print something like that so soon after the 1975 fiasco!!

Ah well - what did we expect? Something intelligent?

Nowfree

• SYN
    SYN

LOL @ NowFree!! Heeeheee...

This just takes the cake, I'm sorry, it's such an obvious mistake...sigh...the WTBTS are in the wrong here, and if you can't see that you must be blind.

"I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone." -- Charles Darwin, The Origin Of Species, 1869.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit