Regional Conventions 2015 - theme

by Elisa1966 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elisa1966
    Elisa1966

I came across this website: http://www.ministryideaz.com/2014-JW-Regional-Convention-Notebook-p/cu15dcgr.htm

There it reads: NOTE TAKER FOR 2015-2016 "IMITATE JESUS!" REGIONAL CONVENTION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

Has anyone heard about "Imitate Jesus!"???

Just asking...

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Elisa1966

Has anyone heard about "Imitate Jesus!"???

Yes - I posted 9 days ago here about the theme: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/54320001/2015-regional-convention-theme-unofficial?size=10&page=4

• fastJehu
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I expect it will be about how Jesus was subject to big J, Big J appointed J.C over the Congo, J.C appointed the G.B, hence we imitate him by subjecting ourselves to 7 numbnuts in N.Y

Praise be to the G.B !

I hope someone does a count of how many name checks Jesus gets, and how many the G.B.

• prologos
    prologos
    Jesus reported time for 3+1/2 years, with some incidental witnessing at age 12, when on the lam, as an unbaptized publisher, mostly faded. nice model.
  • 88JM
    88JM

GB says: "IMITATE JESUS!"

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Phizzy stole my post. It will not in fact be about following jesus. It will be about how jesus follwed the desert god and the gb are doing the same so follow the gb as they lead you to the desert god.

Convoluted? Yep. Predictable? You bet ya.

Its all done so that the dubbies can say "see! We follow jesus! We're christians!" And feel good, never paying attetion to the real message and real dismissal of bible doctrine.

• Viviane
    Viviane

A sample of some of the parts...

Theme Lovingly give to Jehovah - 2 Kings 12:4

Symposium Do you support Jehovah's Organization?- Deuteronomy 23:19

With your time? - Hosea 6:6

With with your secular labors? - Phillipians 4:18

As a congregation? - Deuteronomy 15:7

Experience Humble Obedience Allowed Me to Give More -1 Samuel 2:7, Proverbs 3:9

Keynote Address Throw Your Burdens Upon Jehovah and Store Up Treasure in Heaven - Matthew 6:21, Malachi 3:10

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I'm going to imitate Jesus and not do what the Pharisees want me to do.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are being asked to follow the archetype of the perfect slave. Of course, it is as interpreted by people that have a bad track record. They are also being asked to give beyond what is reasonably possible, and trusting joke-hova to save you. You are supposed to give more of your time and resources than is reasonable, leaving nothing for yourself. In that sample, there was no mention of money (though I trust they will be pushing for money, in paper or in precious metals, when the time comes).

Storing treasure in heaven is a big mistake. For starters, earthly treasure perishes, gets stolen, or gets used up gradually and you get the use of it while it lasts. Heavenly treasure goes bust in one shot, from a single mistake. This is another poverty working (probably just when people can afford it least), and another way to put all their energy into damnation of the whole human race (themselves at the very least).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit