ADHD a Protection?

by ClassickConcept 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ClassickConcept
    ClassickConcept

First of all Hello!!! Im new but am completly thrilled to find a site like this discussing things i've personally contemplated for years. In my research and through posts here its come to my attention that the meetings (Watchtower study in particular) are designed to hypnotize you(Reference Charcot) thorough, among other means, soothing song. They say it relaxes the mind a prepares it for the process. Its also said that a "hyperactive mind" wouldn't be as suceptable. I myself have ADHD which makes it more difficult for me to remain focused for long periods of times (i always fell asleep too, cant tell you how many times my mom smacked me awake lol). Perhaps that why the meetings never really set in for me and i didnt get swept up in the raptur of the "Thruth". Out of curiosity has anyone noticed a high number of add/adhd diagnosed ex-jw's? Feel free to expand on this notion.

Agape & Em

• minimus
    minimus

I know some JWs that have ADHD symptoms. I think the cult can trap anybody. Consider yourself lucky!

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

I have it! Diagnosed aprx 5yrs ago. Raised a JW and as anyone with ADD knows, the only way we stay 'focused' is on things we ENJOY or are interested in. Guess that's why the mtgs bored me.

• ClassickConcept
    ClassickConcept

The only thing that helped me leave was my wife, who ironically is still a sister because if/when shes DF she cant handle losing all of her family. They are mostly elders and MS. It still instilled a fear in us that we are slowly but surley shaking off and learning that they were tactics not teachings.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

And THAT sums up the whole premise of DFing - EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL! Either believe everything and do what you're told or lose everything - including 'Gods love'. UGH!

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Yup. It helps you get out, because you can't keep obsessing about the same boring crap that others who obsess about, obsess about. After you leave, the hurt leaves too, because you can't keep obsessing about that either.

Wanna ride bikes?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit