Are Jehovah's Witnesses enjoying their new SABBATH???

by Terry 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWoods
    JWoods

Could all this BS over 1975 (and the seventh thousand years = sabbath day) be part of the reason they now do not mention the 7,000 year long creative days much? Later literature just says "several (or many) thousand years long".

I never did understand the circular reasoning that made the creative days 7,000 years in the first place - about the only logic of it was the 6000 years ending up in Franz end-time prophecy...certainly there is no geological, archeological, biological, historical, or even biblical indication that the creative days had to be 7,000 years.

Makes no more sense than the pyramid geometry dates.

• undercover
    undercover
    In the bible Jesus says to do the "lords evening meal" thing until he returned. According to the WTS, Jesus returned in 1914.

Jesus "presence" started in 1914...he hasn't "returned" yet.

That's the gist of what a JW will tell you when presented with that argument.

The "presence" is his being enthroned in 1914 yet he hasn't returned to earth to commence Armageddon and cast Satan into the abyss. Once he does that, then the Memorial will be a thing of the past...but then again, so will everything else...

The real question then is, How does one who left become present again without actually returning first?

• undercover
    undercover

Another conundrum of Jesus enthronement in 1914...

If he was enthroned in 1914, thus starting his 1000 year rule, then by 2014 we'll be one hundred years into it.

That will be 10% of that 1,000 year reign exhausted and yet no new system, no paradise, no resurrection, no end to death. Jesus...and us...only have 900 years left of the "new system".

Yet a JW will say that the 1,000 years actually starts at the end of Armageddon.

So again, the real question is, How does a 1,000 year rule start in the future when the new king was already enthroned almost a hundred years ago?

• Terry
    Terry

I remember a public talk where the speaker said, "When Jesus began his invisible presence ruling in the midst of his enemies in 1914 he only had to __turn his attention to the Earth__to do so."

I asked the speaker after the talk what the word "presence" meant if Jesus remained in heaven and why it had to be defined as "invisible" since he obviously WAS in heaven. Since he was IN heaven how was that "in the midst" of his enemies? The demonic enemies had been kicked out of heaven and were on Earth. Why wouldn't he have to be on Earth?

He blinked at me and said, "I just followed the outline from the Society and built the talk around it." He shrugged and that was the end of that.

The Overseer (they didn't have elders back then) said Jesus didn't have to leave heaven and come to Earth to be "present" since Jesus had told his true followers, "Look! I am WITH you always."

That only confused me more!

How is it a Second Presence if the First one never ended?

The overseer told me, "It ended as far as Jesus' enemies were concerned. The center of official worship of Jehovah was demolished soon after in (70.A.D.) and the enemies (in the form of Rome) trampled pure worship underfoot. The Superior Authorities dominated true worshippers under Constantine and the Catholic Church until Pastor Russell restored it."

I remember just standing there.

I'm still standing "there"........

• JWoods
    JWoods

And that is the second broken leg of this 7,000 years, 1914 stuff:

They simply cannot reasonably explain how Jesus began "ruling" in 1914. The "invisible" part makes no sense at all when you start to analyze it - it was just a quickie answer of that time as to why nothing happened to show Jesus ruling in 1914. Remember, they never said it would be invisible prior to 1914 (the invisible part used to be 1874). 1914 was supposed to be the real deal - until nothing happened.

Just as the new "generation" light was a quickie answer in our time as to why that generation of 1914 died out without seeing the end.

And round and round it goes -

• Terry
    Terry

Just as the new "generation" light was a quickie answer in our time as to why that generation of 1914 died out without seeing the end.

At best, the Watchtower Society suffers from confirmation bias; they look for every fact, every happening, every explanation that seems to corroborate their belief system but refuse to hear or see any disconfirming fact.

When they are faced with undeniable contradictions and are forced to explain it becomes necessary to say they are "only human". Further, they like to blame it on the congregations for taking them at their word!

How many of you know this fact:

Jehovah's Witnesses TWICE used the very same prediction about the END of SIX THOUSAND YEARS of human existence?

It happened once before and they were just as wrong! Who can tell us the year?

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

This must be why the WT articles lately are mindless drivel of "Preach, Obey, Preach Obey"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit