The Introspective World of The J W........

by BluesBrother 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Jimi Hendrix wrote the song :

"Now if 6 turned out to be 9,
    I don't mind, I don't mind,
    Dig, 'cos I got my own world to live through
    And I ain't gonna copy you."

The fact is that many of the deeply held beliefs of the long term Jehovah's Witnesses have turned out to be false and now abandoned by the Governing Body. Every dub obediently changes their personal beliefs.

We did not see "The End" in the Twentieth Century : The Anointed were not, after all, gathered in by 1935, Millions "Now Living" in the 1920's did die after all . The good Lord will not punish you for taking blood fractions in medicine, or organ transplants .

Perhaps greatest of all, the "generation" of Matt 24 is not the one running from 1914 it is ......? Many would be hard pressed to explain it adequately. What the WTS has now done is not only to change their own teaching but attempt to change the meaning of the word in the English language by saying that a generation is not what we know it to be, but any two people whose lives overlap !

You know what the sheeplike Witnesses do... as in Jimi's song, if their key perceptions of life and belief turn out to be false "They don't mind, they don't mind"..They can be fed anything and they still believe it ! If they are told to believe that blue is really red, or that six is really nine ...."Oh yes, thank you brother" is what they say ..

In truth they "Have their own world to live through" They do not have to care about what anybody else thinks. The more the world debunks their beliefs the more sure they are that they must be right, because "Satan rules the World" anyway. It seems odd to call a people who spend their lives talking to outsiders as introspective but that is exactly what they are . They open conversations only to spread their "good news" and overcome objections, never to listen really to what the person says.

Perhaps they have invested too much of their lives in it to to be willing to listen. They have become what they accuse others of being, just people with their own beliefs that they will stick to, no matter what, enjoying the social group and the round of meetings and Assemblies . If it should be wrong they do not want to know....."They don't mind, they don't mind....."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

We did not see "The End" in the Twentieth Century : The Anointed were not, after all, gathered in by 1935, Millions "Now Living" in the 1920's did die after all . The good Lord will not punish you for taking blood fractions in medicine, or organ transplants .

That is an excellent paragraph.

This is a great post, deep thought and application.

It seems odd to call a people who spend their lives talking to outsiders as introspective but that is exactly what they are . They open conversations only to spread their "good news" and overcome objections, never to listen really to what the person says.

I had not really concerned myself with the "introspective" part, but I had noticed while active that many presentations were designed to respond regardless of what the "householder" says, to score a point and zing them with doctrine.

• heathen
    heathen

Of course not , why should they mind ? It turns out six was nine on many occasions and WTBTS spin was so mind blowing but yet they miraculously were able to erase any doubt as to it's authority ,by being threated with eternal damnation for leaving they were able to maintain integrity . It really is sick .

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jimi Hendrix wrote the song :

"Now if 6 turned out to be 9,
    I don't mind, I don't mind,

You know what the sheeplike Witnesses do...

as in Jimi's song, if their key perceptions of life and belief turn out to be false "They don't mind, they don't mind"..

They can be fed anything and they still believe it ! If they are told to believe that blue is really red, or that six is really nine ....

"Oh yes, thank you brother" is what they say .......Blues Brother

Just one more Hit..Of Good Watchtower Shit..And maybe..I`ll be a Tower Baby..Forever..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The song is not about being misled, but about not caring about things the author has no control over and just focusing on his own world:

Now, if 6 turned up to be 9,
    I don't mind, I don't mind.
    If all the hippies cut off their hair,
    I don't care, I don't care.
    Did, 'cos I got my own world to live through
    And I ain't gonna copy you

Falling mountains just don't fall on me
    Point on mister Buisnessman,
    You can't dress like me.
    Nobody know what I'm talking about
    I've got my own life to live
    I'm the one that's gonna have to die
    When it's time for me to die
    So let me live my life the way I want to.

Still, I like the post.

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

@Bluesbrother nailed it.

DV

• stillin
    stillin

thanks, Jake

I like your take.

• White Dove
    White Dove

That doesn't sound like introspection to me. That sounds like autism by choice. If they would do more introspection, they'd wake up and get out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit