ive just had a visit from the jws

by looloo 8 Replies latest jw friends

• looloo
    looloo

its not that long sice a couple of men called , i thought i would have been made a "do not call" after all i told them ! but two middle aged ladys called on me , and on the odd occasion i gave them chance to speak i found out they live in divided households , which they felt the "born ins" could not understand , i told them why i had moved areas , they asked where i was from and i said i would rather not say , i told them of my childs abuse by a ex min servant , they asked if it had been on the news recently , i said no but you may be thinking of the man in hull about 4 days ago who abused in the cong for around 40 years ,that was in the paper and possibly the news but there has been quite a few lately in our country alone so its hard to keep track . the lady immediatly brought up the catholic abuse story in the media at the moment to which i replied "but im talking about jehovahs witnesses ,love believe me its widespread in your relgion too aswell as the catholics . i mentioned that around the time of our court case it was on the news in america about the watchtower having to fork out millions to abuse victims for having badley handled situations ofchild sex abuse . they looked stunned , one lady asked me "why do you think the elders have handled theses things so badly " i replied that some of it is from the top as they requirE 2 witnesses etc but some of it is down to individuals who lets face it most of them are window cleaners so what do they know about how to handle abuse victims or child molesters , so they should hand it over to the police and counsellors who do know , they agreed with me and said they had always thought that the police were always called in these situations . i told them i had spoke to a elder at bethel over the phone once who told me they dont have to report abuse in our country (england) they seemed really concerned and one said "gosh i hope there isnt a paodophile in our congregation " i said well there was 2 in the cong i studied in , that i know of so be vigilant ! they were both really nice ladys and didnt waste time quoting the watchtower she had in her hand , i even told them i had been refered to as an apostate by the abuser and his family and they didnt do a runner lol ! they asked if i still believed in god , i said i did but trust nobody ! i said jehovahs witnesses are very similar to other religions(cults) i have read books on like the children of god and flds etc anyway after about half an hour i said i had to go , one of them gave me a hugand said we hope to see you again , i have a feeling that if they repeat my conversation to an elder they will definatly not be seeing me again and i will be passed off as some lying apostate , but i believe i gave a"good witness" and unless they think i deserve an oscar for my performance they will know i was telling truth. n

• SBaySteve
    SBaySteve

Well bully for you looloo! I think you exercised great restraint in your conversation as you've described it. I know when I was still going duh-to-DUH these kinds of interactions were quite disturbing as I knew on some level the stories had to be true. You did those ladies a favor in being honest with them but not bitter (at least it seemed so in your telling). My son was molested by the son of an elder, who had himself been molested by one of our Ministerial Serpents who was also a Regular Pioneer. We were threatened with expulsion if we reported it, and were subsequently "iced out" in the congregation by the elder whose son was the molester, as a pre-emptive strike I suppose. In a small town we felt it every day and round the clock. And yet we faithfully attended all the meetings, made rosy comments that were expected, did our dooring and tried to swallow our outrage, shock and pain. I can't even think of how my son interpreted our ongoing, albeit forced, association with these ASSHOLES. At any rate, it's ancient history by now, but you are certainly correct (IMHO) in your assertion that it is rampant in that organization and has been for a looooong time (back to Rutherford and others in fact).

Good show, looloo!

Steve in S. California, US

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Unfortunately, I live on the other side of the planet so it is unlikely my JW wife will be knocking on your door.

She needs to.

Cheers

Chris

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

very good angle LooLoo, I'll try that next time!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You rock, girl! I hope they both come back and you can start a "study" with them.

Apostates: Saving Cult Victims One Knock at a Time!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Well done to you ...lets hope that you provoked some curious doubts in their minds ...and all credit to you for being so dignified in the situation. Not easy with the injustices you have evidently suffered.

Loz x

• looloo
    looloo

thanyou for your kind comments , i think that you get a much better responce from people if you are polite to them and dont take out the actions of a few bad apples on them , i feel that by conducting myself in such a manner prooves to them that not all who turn their backs on "the truth" are bitter and twisted individuals who are rude and ignorant and that way it might make them look up the things i mentioned and help them see they have been fooled the way i was , they felt sorry for me but the funny thing is they didnt realise how sorry i felt for them , because reading between the lines of what they said i think they have had problems too . i havnt always been slow to anger where this subject is concerned , you should have seen me in court when myself and my family had to be "removed " after the sentence was announced and i took the chance to say a few words to my childs rapist !(my ex friend )

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

if they asked me weather I'd seen the news lately I'd also say " no not much in the news of any real interest, the WTS are still members of the UN and children and babies are dying as we speak due to your blood policy"

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Looloo you are amazing, personally I don't think there is one cong in the UK that doesn't have a problem with abusers. Certainly every cong I was ever in had one at some point, which is why I will never let my kids near a KH.

Perhaps the more people like you speak out the more children can be saved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit