Jehovah's Witnesses serve up LEFTOVERS from other plates

by Terry 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

You humble gleaner you.

BTS

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Great post terry. Really all of Christianity is picking the bones of a 1st Century crank-zealot named Paul.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

bookmarked -thanks Terry - great summary

• startingover
    startingover

Another great post Terry! I have a question, how can you possibly keep starting these great threads. Is that why you disappeared for a while, you were busy composing a whole slough of threads that you could share with us? Whatever, keep it up.

• Terry
    Terry

Another great post Terry! I have a question, how can you possibly keep starting these great threads. Is that why you disappeared for a while, you were busy composing a whole slough of threads that you could share with us? Whatever, keep it up.

I can only think about the whole JW gestalt for little while without going looney and getting depressed.

Then, I have to go away and shut it off.

Subconsciouly, I work out my analysis by posting here and letting others give me feedback.

I'm looking for the e=mc2 that ties it all up with pithy exactitude.

So far I've shrunk the problem way down in size to THE BIBLE.

That is the foundational flaw in Jehovah's Witness theology.

They are inerrantists, which is ludicrous and untenable intellectually. It is dishonest.

The only sane way to unseat their megalomania is to shine a bright light on the fraud of an inspired Bible.

Hammer away on the fact there are no manuscripts of an autograph original nature in existence anywhere.

This proves God did NOT seek to preserve the written word.

This means each of us is own his own in a one to one with the Divine.

And that is the death knell for organized religion in any form.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

even though they have discarded most of russells doctrine-you are right they are a futurist religion that has grown into a huge monster.i have been gone 4 years and have noticed that the publishers are charging money for the mags again denoting financial woes.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Found a hair in my spiritual food. Put me right off.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The witlesses are what's left of the group of cults starting in the 1840s. They all seemed to have the end time themselves, and the witlesses started with the pretext that the end was to come in 1874. Of course, they upped the date to 1878, then 1914 (and much later) when these prophesies failed. They are also cousins of the Seventh Day Adventist religion.

Not only that, but Boozerford hijacked the cult. Which was extremely rude--he started making all sorts of oppressive rules, demanding field circus from everyone, and putting people in harm's way "for the Lord". And it has gone from bad to worse ever since.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

This is all true and I am sorry I didn't know this because I could have saved myself some wasted years. They claimed they were just 'bible students who had no clergy'. It makes me angry to know about the Adventist connection. The JW religion is almost from the same era as P.T. Barnum and he coined a famous phrase that applies to me and that I should never forget.

I was simply interested in 'end time prophecy' and I ended up getting 'sucked' into a dictatorship!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit