would you still like to be a "do not call" ?

by looloo 5 Replies latest jw friends

• looloo
    looloo

my mother had the jehovahs witnesses round the other day , she said a nice man said "i see you are a do not call,and wondered if you would like the witnesses to start calling on you again " my mum replied "do you know a man called"joe bloggs" he said yes i have heard of him ("joe bloggs is my childs abuser ,an ex dub and "truth"lover" my mum said "well he raped my grandaughter, and do you know that none of his family or his wife who are all in your religion ever apologised to my grandaughter and have supported him instead despite the fact that they know he is a child molester " he said "oh i am so sorry , i am new to the area " i bet he wished the ground could have swallowed him up !

• Woody22
    Woody22

I am on the do not call list and have been since 1980. I wish they would take me off as I have much I would like to tell them.

Woody

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah we are supposedly a DNC but they came around today asking if I would like a free home Bible study. Hmmmmm, maybe I should have taken them up on their offer?

• Nephilim
    Nephilim

They call on DNC's? Isn't that the whole point of being a do not call? MADNESS!

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

From another thread, this comment raised my hackles, In my theocratic career I think I've hit a "do-not-call" a couple of times. Quite easy to overlook the post-it note shoved into the back of the territory card holder.

Hey, it's not like these people have been doing this work for a few months or a few years. It's 130 years and it's not important enough for them to respect the wishes and demands of a householder? I say, having been on that side of the fence, they want to cross over every line they can get by with. When it doesn't work out, then it's "... oh, we're so sorry but you must realize it's easy to overlook your wishes". Well, I'm sorry but that doesn't cut it.

Nephilim had it right, They call on DNC's? Isn't that the whole point of being a do not call? MADNESS!

If some doctor gave an alibi like quite easy to overlook after some blood transfusion oversight, and a JW was at the receiving end, it'd be a different story indeed.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Yeah we are supposedly a DNC but they came around today asking if I would like a free home Bible study. Hmmmmm, maybe I should have taken them up on their offer?

Leolaia, please do, but make sure to videotape it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit