Witness Dating Network

by teenyuck 1 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I located this web page by accident. I started to look into it and IT IS HYSTERICAL!

The main board is: http://jwstartpage.homestead.com/

I clicked on Discussion Board with Chat Rooms.

The web master is mean. He tells any non-JW to not post. Period.

Try http://jw.community.everyone.net/community/scripts/topics.pl?NodeID=159700&ClientID=203260

This area deals with relationships. Unbelieveable. The number of sisters looking for brothers is way too high!

Below is a post from one of the entries:

Topic:I have advice about dating/marriage for singles

hanniboppco from OFN
    I have advice about dating/marriage for singles Posted 12-25-2001 02:26

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message is basically directed to single sisters looking for a mate. Marriage is obviously a natural thing to want in life. I have read many of the posts here and agree with some, but some I don't. For example, I've read many posts with messages like, "I'm single and looking for someone to chat with and get to know." There are others though that sound very desperate, sisters only in their 20s acting as if they're at the end of their ropes because they so desperately want to get married.

Sisters, first of all, a lot of times a big turn off to brothers is a sister who is "looking" and vice versa. You might be surprised by how attractive an independent, strong and confident sister is to a brother. And when I say "independent", obviously I don't mean irresponsibility or foolishness but rather a pure independence. You make your own living, you can stand on your own two feet, you're spiritually strong, you work to achieve your spiritual goals, you're a good and trustworthy friend. I am a 23 year old sister and all my life, the only goal people would set before me was marriage. Now, I am not downgrading marriage at all. In fact, I am currently married, but I didn't find him by "looking". RIGHT when I turned 18, I had people constantly buzzing around asking if I had a boyfriend yet and when I was going to start looking. I told them, "I'm not looking, and I don't plan to ever look.

When it happens, it happens. I'm going to go about my life doing lots of things with my single life, and when I meet the right one, it's going to hit me like lightning that he's the one I want." And for 4 years after graduation from high school, I spent my time pioneering, traveling to work seldom worked territories, vacationing with friends, working at Kingdom Hall builds, and going to college. I met my present husband at a Kingdom Hall build. And he had experience with other sisters who were labeled as "looking". They would gather around him in groups as I've seen many sisters do. Others were very forward and aggressive, asking him for his number and even going so far as to tell him they were looking to get married. Sometimes he would find out through the "single-brother grapevine" certain sisters were looking for a mate and would steer clear of them. And to give you a man's point of view, he later told me what attracted him to me. He said, "I could tell you were spiritual and independent. You didn't need a man to make it through life. But I knew you would dearly love the man you would marry." And I was so glad he told me that. And to flip the coin on that, my cousin, a man, had been looking since he was 18 too. I told him over and over and over, "Stop looking! All these sisters are getting the message that you're looking and that's why no one will date you. If you stop looking, I guarantee the right one will just fall into your lap out of no where." He finally listened. He pioneered, started his own business, and spent time working as a ministerial servant. A wonderful sister noticed him and they began dating. They are now married and planning to start a family.

So the bottom line? STOP LOOKING! It'll happen, sooner or later it'll happen. Enjoy your single lives, spend it well. Don't waste all your single years searching for a mate. Be happy in the life you have right now. And if marriage still doesn't happen for you, so what? After Armaggedon, you'll have eternity for that right one to come along. Sisters, marriage is a part of life...........but it's not the only part. Enjoy the life you have now, be independent and strong. Go out and achieve your spiritual goals, stay close to your friends in the congregation. And I guarantee you, that special someone WILL notice you. He won't notice you for your longing to get married. He'll notice you for your spirituality, your goodness, your independence, and for your "not-looking". :)

You are all wonderful sisters who can do so much to contribute to Jehovah's organization whether you're married or not. :)

~Johanna~

"I used to be Snow White, then I drifted." Mae West

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

HYSTERICAL!!!

An Online Jehovah Witness Chat Board and Dating Network for meeting people? Isnt that against WT policy to utilize the Internet in such a manner? The guy saying quote

"dont worry sisters youll have all the thousand years and eternity to find that special someone so dont rush"

I had to pick myself up off the floor.

First off all, his comment insinuates that their Armageddon for teenagers or 20-somethings is undoubtedly days or at most a few years away, and doesnt it contradict their doctrine to believe youll be dating or given in marriage in the New World? Make up your mind Witnesses! First you wont get married or have sex in Paradise, then all of a sudden its an eternity of possible MatchMaker.

What jackasses.

LOL

Thanks for the link and the laugh man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit