watchtower finances

by oscartheduck 6 Replies latest jw friends

• oscartheduck
    oscartheduck

If revenues for Brooklyn Bethel per year alone are equivalent to 951 million dollars, then this is about 158.5 per witness(given six million witnesses).

There's more money than that coming in worldwide, because of the OTHER Bethels in the world.

So, where does the money come from? I think that should be checked into...or my maths should be checked into.

Either way, some reassurance is necessary here, because the figures look odd to me, given that most of the witnesses I've known aren't putting anywhere near that into the congregation coffers per year.

============================
    The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126 "As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible "

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Oscar,WTBS owns insurance co.,oil and gas co.,Fruit export co.,Rand engine corp.(50% of 18 Billion dollar co.), the list goes on and on,these guys are not small time.Not by a long shot...OUTLAW

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Don't you believe it....most congregations I know are forking over 300.00--500.00--700.00 a month to the org. Do you know what that adds up to in the US alone?

I'm in the wrong line of work.

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

• avengers
    avengers

Maybe it's possible to publish a list with all the companies that the WT has shares in.

• dmouse
    dmouse

In the previous thread I think OUTLAW makes the point that the WBTS total (revealed) assetts are 951 BILLION. That's not yearly, but the total built up over the generations.
    Last year the Society claimed to have spent only 70 million in financial aid to brothers working in the field. (Jan 1st Watchtower)

So much for contributing to the world-wide work. The society is rolling in more money than they know what to do with, but you can bet the brothers world-wide won't get to see any benefit from it.

• Geordie
    Geordie

hi
    im currently investigating this company:
    Newton Fund Managers Limited,71 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4 4DR.
    http://www.newton.co.uk

I have upto now found:
    Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain (formerly known as Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania [The])has £28.8mil invested with there charities section.
    They also state that WTBTS of Britain has a total income of £24.4 mil
    and total funds of £22.6mil.
    Also through this department is Dudley Assembly Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses. they are sead to have an income of £0.24mil.

This company only operates for UK charities wich in some way would account for the WTBTS pf Pennsylvania, now being known as WTBTS of Britain.
    when i get more info i will post it.
    Hope this helps anyone currently looking into there finance's and monitary dealings.
    :o)

• oscartheduck
    oscartheduck

Hmm..interesting stuff. Makes you wonder why pioneers aren't given enough money to at least make up their earnings to a reasonable minimum.

============================
    The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126 "As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit