Take subway to work? Count your time!

by ShirleyW 7 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I was sitting next to a sister this evening who during the whole ride she had one of those plastic folders that holds the mags and pamphlets, she had both Spanish and English and was holding the folder out in front of her until she got off the train. I asked her if she was counting her time, she said yes (of course she asked how do I know about that). She said it's not easy talking to the people in the station (seemed like she meant standing with the trolley or just the mags) because sometimes people say things that aren't nice, so she counts her time on her daily commute.

Didn't realize it was that easy to get that time in.

After if told her I was raised in the man made cult she was following, she said she doesn't follow man she follows Jehovah, I said where do you think all the rules and regulations come from within the Org? Of course she said Jehovah, I said it comes from 7 governing body members, but, she said there are just "5" GBM, are there just five now, or she was wrong?

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    5 is wrong - 7 is the correct number
  • Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave
    I knew of jw's that would place literature in their cars rear window when on vacation and count that as time. These people are unbelievable. It's all about appearances and what others in the hall think of them.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is it righteously pretentious or pretentiously righteous ?

Its ludicrously funny how some JWS try and get their requested hours in, usually just before they are given notice mid week that their publishers cards are to be handed in on the following Sunday.

This reminds me of when I was taken out to stand street corner prior to door to door work.

Yes Saturday morning standing on a side walk when there's no one around , why ?

because it was Saturday morning at 8 am.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    I'm back. I have been on a secret gov mission. Finkelstein you are an amazing poster.The baby's face on your avatar and your style, second to no one. I am male and not a homo but I do enjoy your post's LOL.
  • Richard_I
    Richard_I
    i tell my parents to start their time early by putting a watchtower or awake mag in front of the window. do it as soon as you wake up, and by the time you're ready to go to the group you've already got at least 1 or 1.5 hours. truly jehovah's chariot is on the move!!
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I said it comes from 7 governing body members, but, she said there are just "5" GBM, are there just five now, or she was wrong?..

..........................................Image result for 7

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Finkelstein you are an amazing poster

Cheers truthseeker100

Just trying to help out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit