My grandson

by James Mixon 9 Replies latest social current

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

US Berkeley news center, "young bug enthusiast meets

his hero, E. Wilson. Maybe someone can post it.

I sent this to my other grandkids that are JW.

My grandson is nuts about bugs, LOL.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Sorry, UC Berkeley news center.
  • gone for good
    gone for good

James Mixon -

What an informative and complimentary writeup they gave. You must all be so proud.

Please, pass my enthusiasm and admiration on to your handsome young scholar.

Funny thing - just this afternoon I found a rather large and aggressive beetle in my garage, so I carefully picked him up (with fingers far away from very big mandibles) and showed the grandkids how he would bite and shake small sticks. I let him go and when the dog bothered him he bit the dog and made him yelp! Fiesty.

An 11year old and an 85 year old, united by curiosity and learning - a truly beautiful picture - I saved it just for the memories of how wonderful it was to be 11 and able to learn from the wise old folks around.

'' Education is not the filling of a bucket, but the lighting of a fire. '' WB Yeats

• Village Idiot
  • smiddy
    smiddy

That is a good news story.James Mixon you have every right to be proud of your grandson, I hope he is not a J.W.

Sending this story to your other grand kids who are J.W.`s may help to encourage them that their is a better life outside JW`ism.

And as gone for good says please let him know that some people in Australia are also impressed with him and his obvious desire to further his education into the bug world., and we wish him success toward his goal .

smiddy

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Thanks folks. No he not a JW.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

What a cute little guy! You know, sometimes meeting someone like this that you look up to really cements in your mind your value as a scholar.

I hope he holds this meeting in his heart and mind and uses it to provide inspiration for his academic career.

You must be so proud!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Yes I'm proud of all my grandkids, even the ones (JW's) I don't know.

I'm not a evil grand dad. I hope some day I can enjoy my JW grandkids.

If they only knew (JW's grandkids). I introduced golf to both boys at a

early age, both at 5 years old. Their parents keep those boys busy, golf,

soccer, boys scouts , piano lessons, Japanese class, swimming class and

of course his bug club.

The only down side to all of this when we keep the boys for a fews days, they

will destroy my back yard. Looking for bugs, they will remove every stone and rock

to find bugs. LOL

• Giordano
    Giordano
    A young man to be proud of!
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Local paper Star news Pasadena California pick up story

Today April 1. Opinion section "Crawling to order the Altadena

Bug Club. By Larry Wilson. Funny article.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit