Threat of 1980 Rebellion/Schism--Real or Perceived?

by neverendingjourney 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Titus
    Titus

Yes, I did!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Titus, its not that you aren't entitiled to your opinion, its just that you spew unsubstantiated bile that in most people's minds, is designed to, how shall I say it, "stirr shit."

You know who you're talking to, thats for sure. You just don't know what you're talking about.

• Titus
    Titus

Mr. Jeff, if you think that my opinions spew bile in your minds, then you are invited to skip reading my opinions. Read opinions which you can cope with.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Please remove my name from your post immedietely.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Thats better. Not by much. Why not call me Jeff and remove my name. You were not invited to use it.

And as for coping with your opinion, huh? I disagreed with it. Big difference, and I stated in very simple terms for your benefit, why.

You are on record as saying you do not believe Ray Franz and that you personally doubt his account. Duly noted. Anything else?

• Titus
    Titus

Okay, I disagree with Ray Franz's supporters' opinions, and I don't say they are Assholes. I respect their beliefs and opinions. If I have my opinion it doesn't mean that I disprage their opinion. I have never said something like "their opinions are designed to "stirr shit." I deeply respect your opinion, and I expect the same respect for mine. Do I expect too much?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Well, does respect mean agreement? Or can I disagree? Because it isn't an opinion, I know that what Ray Franz is right, and your views, while you are entitled to them, are wrong.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

What is a Ray Franz supporter? Is that someone who didn't steal a copy of Ray's book?

• Titus
    Titus

I have never said "I know that Raymond Franz is wrong", or just "Raymond Franz is wrong." I don't claim that I know these facts, because it would be pretentious.

And - NO, respect doesn't mean agreement.

Oh, come on, Jeff...

• yknot
    yknot

Okay is it possible that we get back on topic......

Regardless of ranging opinions regarding the motivations/intent of CoC it has been a force in the ExJW community.....

While some have remarked that it perhaps was mostly in the minds of a few old coots that such an usurping was afoot, others feel that perhaps it was more wide spread ....... (though not totally united so much as a collective body of question regarding the inconsistencies and time marching onward after a 'disappointment')

Anyone else have anything to contribute to the topic's intended discussion....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit