Olympics

by free2beme 5 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

Oh the Olympics! A time in which we act like small sports we never hear about at any other time, matter for this moment. A time in which we learn who will be on the next Wheaties box, a time in which we think to ourselves "Wow, there are a lot of countries on this planet." In the end, we learn more then anything ... Mc ... Donald's and Coke really spend a lot on advertising for Olympics.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When I was a witless, they used to think of the Olympics as being a proxy for war. The games would be like going to war, except that instead of killing each other, they would compete in the events.

I never saw the logic behind that, because it is not intended to settle disputes or defend a country from intruders (war does that). And, a country wan win handily in one event against another country only to be humiliated by the same country it beat in another event.

• aniron
    aniron

What a morbid pair you are.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I really enjoyed the opening ceremonies, it wasn't visual overkill like China's. It was smaller and more initimate. I especially enjoyed the huge part that Canada's indigenous people played. But I fell asleep on the last part because the ceremony didn't start until 9pm pst. I wish the network had played it live here.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Not saying they do not have moments of time that are enjoyable. But it is also what I said. I watched the footage on the news today of the luger who got killed. That is an image I would have liked to not have in my head.

• Lady Viola

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit