Deleted Elders?

by Farkel 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This makes them feel compelled to serve as hounders, no matter what. If they find out that the extra workload is too much or don't like everything they do being what the hounder-hounder or the other hounders tell them, it is no better than committing serious crimes (pedophiles, killing and/or eating a baby, etc.) and getting deleted for that. That way, others who are thinking of stepping down for conscience reasons or because it is taking too much out of them will stay on to prevent this embarrassment.

I hope it prevents those who are thinking of stepping up from doing so in the first place.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Nugget wrote: The implication of the announcement is that the person has been removed for negative reasons. ... every formal announcement is significant and part of the overall method for group control.

Increasing our service to Jehovah and his people will increase our happiness and success in life. Those who achieve the 'elevated status' in the congregation who do not find increased happiness and success and feel the need to step aside may cause others to stumble or reassess their own lives and subsequently rethink/reduce the commitment they are making to pursuing kingdom interests.

The problem can't be with the program and process. There must be something wrong with the individual. So we just delete the person and keep plugging on with 'business as usual'.

Stupid cult.

-Aude.

• freydo
    freydo

It's a definite vote of "no confidence." They're permanently marked. It's like df'g for elders.

Like df'g; once df'd always looked upon with suspicion.

• carla
    carla

Have you ever discussed this with a non jw? The word 'deleted' in reference to a human being? I had a conversation with someone and was telling them about this process and related how a guy got 'deleted' for some sin or that of family member and the person jokingly said I was spending far too much time on the computer because I used the word 'deleted'! I told them it wasn't my word for it but theirs! After a look of shock and disgust on their part I must admit we had a few jokes of our own about how jw's must wish to really 'delete' or rub out the rest of us sinful worldlies.

• Think About It
    Think About It

You can definitely tell a difference on how you are viewed after stepping down as elder, even with no issue. People automatically think you did something wrong, because why else would you leave such a"wonderful" position. However, you're still at the point where you don't want to disclose how much crap there is in the org. The family excuse is the easiest way out.

The elderettes then sure do act like they out rank you again.

Think About It

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

Indeed. If one steps down, it is the same announcement as if one is being removed. The JW mind is quick at making up reasons for the announcement. I would love to know what was said or concocted about me.... But oh well, I wasn't there to hear if there even was and announcement for me. And I will NEVER be going back. NEVER!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If one steps down, it is the same announcement as if one is being removed.

One difference is that an elder "stepping down" voluntarily will typically not have the announcement read until AFTER the CO approved the deletion. Whereas, an elder being "removed" for wrongdoing with have the announcement read immediately after the decision is made before the CO gives any input or consideration to the matter.

Doc

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

JW's really thrive on public shame don't they?

SICK CULT!

• geevee
    geevee

When I gave up being an elder, they just announced that I was no longer serving as an elder. No need to get upset, it was what I wanted. They thanked me for all my fine work blah blah blah... could still do whatever I wanted, but chose not to run mikes etc. I gave plenty of fill in talk for the school for a while...that just confused people about me "stepping down". I didn't realize that because it was my choice, I could have nominated at anytime in the ensuing 6 months that I could have taken back my gum and badge and chose to be an elder again!!...not that I would have wanted to, we were trying to fade.....

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I've heard that term "deleted" used before on a number of occasions. My case was different.

They said that I was "no longer serving as an elder", possibly due to the circumstances behind it being perinatal loss. This was after many months of doing absolutely nothing in the congregation and missing many meetings. (They didn't know the real reason was that I had discovered TTATT and learned of the child sex abuse and rape cases in the Borg.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit