Just watched JW programme on Genesis TV with Dave Brown

by sacdfan 6 Replies latest jw friends

• sacdfan
    sacdfan

Someone on the 'Mill Hill Disfellowshippings' thread suggested we make a new thread for the Genesis prog and, being the obedient little soul that I am, I have done just that!

I have just watched the repeat on Genesis this afternoon. I had just been to a meeting (just to keep up appearances) and I feigned extreme tiredness to wriggle out of going on the ministry so I could come home to watch it.

It was very interesting - I could identify with much of what Dave said. I was really moved when he said the Bible is for all of us and not just for the 144,000. I have had so much garbage rammed into my poor brain over the years - even though I hate this religion, I have always believed that the Bible isn't really understandable unless you happen to be annointed - stupid really!

To be honest, I have a bit of a problem with the Bible. I find it really hard to pick it up, let alone read it. It gives me the creeps and when I pick it up to try to read it, I shudder and put it down again. Not good for a JW! Maybe I am going mad! Help!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Maybe you just relate the Bible with the Watchtower cult. Can you separate the two?

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

I watched half of the Dave Brown interview last night and found it to be edge of the seat viewing. I could relate to much of what he said, particularly having gone through a similiar situation regarding the issue of blood. I am looking forward to watching the rest of the programme tonight.

TE

• sacdfan
    sacdfan

Hi Jamie - I think you're on to something there - I do associate the Bible with the control of the WTS and it is really offputting - I hope I can overcome it because I would love to know what the Bible really does say.

TE - I agree - the programme was really good - plus it was interesting when they made the comment that people from other churches or organisations, when trying to help ex-JWs, don't really know where they are coming from because it takes an ex-JW to understand an ex-JW. People who haven't been in a mind-controlling cult don't know how it feels to have every move controlled - to have someone control what you read or watch, who you speak to, what career you choose, who your friends are etc. And they certainly don't know what it's like to try to escape, or to be cut off from friends and family because you can no longer go on with the charade.

The only thing that keeps me 'in' is my family and friends.

• whereami
    whereami

Where could one see this Genesis program?

• sacdfan
    sacdfan

Depending on where you live, you can watch it on satellite TV - in the UK and Ireland you can see it on Sky, Chorus, cable TV or whatever - it's a free channel so you can watch it on Freeview in the UK.

Failing that, put 'Genesis TV' into Google and on the right of the home page is a button to watch either Genesis or its sister channel Revelation live.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Revelation TV

The repeat was on Sunday but I missed it. Shame they don't have on demand viewing. Anyhow, hoping someone will post the latest program to YouTube like the last one :)

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit