1975 audio clip

by oscartheduck 7 Replies latest jw friends

• oscartheduck
    oscartheduck

Thought this was very revealing: http://www.watchtowernews.org/wav/sunutko75.html

You need realplayer to listen in. Fantastic stuff.

Can even hear babies cry. How apt.

There's more of em at http://www.watchtowernews.org/wav/wav.htm

I'm sure most of you already know about these, but I'm pretty sure I saw some new names around (newer than mine), so I thought it was worthwhile posting.
    ============================
    The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126 "As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible "

• AlanF
    AlanF

This audio clip is among the most damning pieces of evidence against the Society that it inspired its frontline men to go preach the word about 1975. Sinutko was not simply preaching his own opinion.

AlanF

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Ive just run off a copy of a freddie franz speech from 1975 for kenny2.
    Its the big "Eve delay" announcement talk.
    Fred explains , at length, that the big A may be delayed because of the time lapse between the creation of Adam and the creation of Eve.
    Next speaker up on the platform is Nathan Knorr who tells us how much Jehovahs organization has GROWN during the period of the 75 expectation, thus the prediction has Gods "blessing".
    Anybody SERIOUSLY interested in a copy. E mail me, if there arent a flood of responses, I will try to get one to you.If Im flooded, Id better pass on it.Serious collectors only.

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

hey oscar - i thought i'd heard all these, but i hadn't - this is really awful - those poor people sitting there and being told that they had to fully extend themselves, attend ALL the meetings unless they were flat on their backs (ooh err ...) so that the door wouldn't be closed to them - stay alive to 75 ? it's a disgrace ...

glad i'm out of it

• kenny2
    kenny2

Thank you Oscar for bringing that here. I listen now 30 years later and can still remember the belief of everyone in the cong what was so close to happening. Whenever I bring the 75 deal up to my family, they seem to conveniently forget what it was really like, and even though I was only a kid back then, this link is exactly how I remember it.

Thanks to refiners fire for the Franz tape too!

Kenny

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I'm so sorry that some of the brothers took those talks literally. They just didn't realize that the organization was using 1975 like a carrot on a stick. Jehovah does work in strange ways afterall.

The next JW who tells me the society didn't indicate 1975 as the date for the end of the system, I may have to spit on. And then I might have to shove their bookbag up their butt.

I need a shot of Jack now and then I'll lay down for a rest.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

I already mentioned this on another thread but it also fits in this thread.

I was told that an elder said in his talk last sunday that all the excitement and hype over the end coming by 1975 was the fault of the publishers not the WTS and the WTS had to step in a straighten out the error. He even admitted that he too was caught up in it and expected the end by 1975 but wow...he was wrong. Imagine that!!!

With these tapes and all the proof of what was written in the mags, books and kms for 7-8 years before 1975, is it any wonder the poor lowly publisher got anxious. How about those COs who when visiting the congregations, would hold up a calendar and mark off the days as they passed, or the ones who held up a clock with the hands showing 1 minute to 12 saying the big A was no longer around the corner but on our doorstep and so on and so on. Like Alan said, these speakers were not speaking their own words. Whenever do they?

Yes and I've heard my own brother say in a crowd that the 1975 fiasco was all started by Ray Franz and that's why he was df'd.... Give me a break!!!

Had Enough

"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    ...Margaret Mead

• ISP
    ISP

Hey good one Oscar!

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit