Letter from WT's Haiti Branch Committee re: Society's relief response

by Dogpatch 55 Replies latest jw friends

• mdavis
    mdavis

I'm sorry but youtube, is that a joke? That's really legit proof right there. Come on you have to do better then that. I don't agree with partical articles either, & is anyone added their translation to what is being said, their translation of what is meant. Witnesses in general choose not to pursue higher education (from an university). That is their decision, there are some who choose to do so. The wt is voicing the concern over the dangers it could put a person in. Some comments suggest they are saying all the people in that university were meant to die, you know you all are added to things to demonize witnesses. One person has a wrong view and you apply it to the whole group what kind of tactic is that. If there are those who don't know there own doctrines as you put it, its because they choose not to put effort into their believes & put them to the test. The wt encourages and encourages and encourages its memebers to research everything. Its those who do not, that have their facts and idea wrong.

I'm sorry but what is the whole purpose of their preaching work? It because of their love for EVERYONE. I assure you, doing that everyday can't last very long if you don't care about people. Wanting people to die come on, I hope you don't believe your own words. How about looking forward to an end to all the ways this world is ran. People dying here in u.s. because they aren't rich enough to have health insurance, just because of greed. In Haiti the poorest country, left out of light until something soooo tragic happens. You all are bitter for some reason or another, and your bitterness is making you think awful things of your fellow humans. I'm sorry you have to go thru life with such resentment to over 6 million people you never meet.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Yes I WAS like that when I was a Witness thinking that we were taking care of our own and that was some kind of righteous...and I HATE that I was like that! The rest of the planet doesnt see these people as Catholic or Lutheran or Agnostic or practicing Voodoo....they are PEOPLE and they need HELP!!!!

So fuck the Watchtowers humanitarian efforts to ONLY save their OWN!!

• mdavis
    mdavis

HELLO!!! has anyone checked the sight jwmedia or done any research on previous disaster??????? They do not only care for their own!!!

k I'll help you. "the Witnesses organized to help meet the immediate needs of their fellow worshippers and other victims in Haiti and care for them" & "Kingdom Halls of Jehovah’s Witnesses that were designated as relief distribution centers", what that means is its a relief center to EVERYONE. they also set up "temporary clinic and medical center for the injured" not just for the witnesses and since the hospitals are overwhelmed this is needed.

wuzllovesdubs-

You SHOULD hate that you viewed it righteous to only care for your own. Your view was wrong then and you weren't paying attention to ANY thing. Hey remember hearing quite a few times about the samaritan???? so if you had family members in haiti you would over look them and just give to or help everyone else and maybe your fam would get the help they needed? No. you would try to send something directly to them wouldn't you? & then you would make sure to give to a charity so that you can help as many as possible. jws view people all the same, we cry when we see the news and people are suffering we DON'T say o who cares they aren't jws, come on get real !!!!!!!!!! and it is not looked down on to do charity work!! the only thing ever mention is to do your research to make sure its a legit charity.

THINGS WITNESSES DON'T BELEIVE:

that God & his angles protect witnesses... time & unforeseen occurrence effect everyone. No one is exempt from disasters/ accidents, nor do witnesses believe anyone is being punished by disasters, that thought is unthinkable. God is a loving God and doesn't want anyone to be destroyed.

we don't believe only witnesses or even every witness will be saved during armageddon, that is totally God's decision, we are not the judge, and we also make sure we are trying to do whats right because we know that those who may think they are righteous may fall. So true witnesses do not think they are better then anyone.

but i digress cause if anyone really cared to know they could look it up, if your really against our believes fine. but you all are stating incorrect facts and views, get them right from the direct source, the websights tell everyone up front all our beliefs. Then bash what witnesses REALLY believe.

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

At my mom's meeting last night, they read a letter about what brothers could do to help those in Haiti. They said, "Put money in contributions for Worldwide Work. If you wish to send larger donations, you may mail to Brooklyn Headquarters. Please do not ear mark it for use in Haiti, so that we may distribute funds where they are needed most."

I can see this as a big push for donations, using this tragedy, to gather more money. If they are really going to use it for Haiti, why would they tell people not to ear mark it? As a non-profit, if money is ear marked to be set aside for a specific purpose, it has to be used for that, and nothing else. Feels sort of swarmy to me.

DS

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    First of all if you had family in Haiti wouldn't you send them help first? It isn't that you don't care immensely for all the others there facing untold challenges. You would help your family and then send whatever means you had to help everyone else. Witnesses view eachother as family.

Hello mdavis . While I agree that in a disaster our own family would be our prime concern, and once we had confirmed their safety I believe that the correct and Christian thing to do - the HUMAN thing to do - would be to assist anyone who needed help, while keeping an eye out for any 'brothers' or 'sisters'. As for JWs viewing each other as family, lol...I know JWs who couldn't be bothered to even walk 100 yards to visit/help 'their family' when they're sick...

• carla
    carla

MDavis, watch your own gb member talk about higher education here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R4f9ygxDbk

• carla
    carla

You think jw's do not believe everyone who is not a jw is worthy of being destroyed at the big A? are you really so unaware of your own teachings?

Here are just a few quotes from your own literature- YOU do the research and you can find many more, do what jw's ask of others for a change and EXAMINE your faith and religion- (thanks to jwfacts for the quotes)

"But Jehovah’s servants already belong to the only organization that will survive the end of this wicked system of things." Watchtower 2007 Dec. 15 p.14

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." Watchtower 1989 Sep. 1 p.19

"Similarly, Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it." Watchtower 1983 Feb. 15 p.12

"During the final period of the “ancient world” that perished in the Flood, Noah was a faithful “preacher of righteousness.” (2 Peter 2:5) In these last days of the present system of things, Jehovah’s people are making known God’s righteous standards and are declaring good news about the possibility of surviving into the new world. (2 Peter 3:9-13) Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah’s universal organization." Watchtower2006 May 15 p.22 "Are You Prepared for Survival?" Paragraph 8

The Watchtower 1993 October 1 p.19 went as far as to state that there are billions in line for destruction.

"There are billions of people who do not know Jehovah. Many of them in ignorance practice things that God's Word shows to be wicked. If they persist in this course, they will be among those who perish during the great tribulation."
  • keyser soze
    keyser soze
    As for the comment about higher education, someone who would say a thing like that doesn't have the right view of how God sees things, and a true witness wouldn't make such a comment.

You do realize that most of the people on this forum were JWs at one time, and are well aware of the society's view on higher education? Try selling that to people who don't know any better.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    The wt encourages and encourages and encourages its memebers to research everything.

Utter bullshit, and you know it. It encourages its members to do research so long as they reach the conclusion the WT wants them to. Again, sell your bullshit to people who don't know any better.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thank you, Carla, for those very clear references.

Some JWs are very good hearted and will do very sincerely charitable things as individuals. This is coming from their heart as individuals. However, from the WTS Headquarters, there is nothing charitable done in an organized spirit for anything long-term. Possibly, for some very short time, a very limited period, at catastrophic level, they may do something charitable for token sake and will publicize it greatly.

Some JWs do wonderful things, not because of the organization, but in spite of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit