Core (fundamental) beliefs, teachings, doctrines -- where's the list?

by Fatfreek 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Not long ago someone posted a list of JW core beliefs -- some 39 or 44 or something like that. It may even be on the Watchtower's own web site.

Anyone?

Len

• eby
    eby

Approved association with Jehovah’s Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah’s Witnesses. What do such beliefs include?

That the great issue before humankind is the rightfulness of Jehovah’s sovereignty, which is why he has allowed wickedness so long. (Ezekiel 25:17)

That Jesus Christ had a prehuman existence and is subordinate to his heavenly Father. (John 14:28)

That there is a "faithful and discreet slave" upon earth today ‘entrusted with all of Jesus’ earthly interests,’ which slave is associated with the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses. (Matthew 24:45-47)

That 1914 marked the end of the Gentile Times and the establishment of the Kingdom of God in the heavens, as well as the time for Christ’s foretold presence. (Luke 21:7-24; Revelation 11:15–12:10)

W86 4/1 pp30-31 Question from Readers

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

That 1914 marked the end of the Gentile Times and the establishment of the Kingdom of God in the heavens, as well as the time for Christ’s foretold presence.

Yes, they'd like to have us forget their earlier teaching on this core teaching. Problem is, their earlier publications are now easily accessible.

I believe the going forth ended in 1844, that the tarrying ended in 1874, and therefore the cry pointing to 1874 was the midnight cry, and I believe it was consistent that the name "midnight cry" then disappeared from the publication, because, as stated at the time, it had done its work; but in harmony with that faith I also believe that Christ came in the character of a Bridegroom in 1874.
    The Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence, Oct, 1879

The indisputable facts, therefore, show that the "time of the end" began in 1799; that the Lord’s second presence began in 1874;...The Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence, Mar 1, 1922, p. 73

Len

• designs
    designs

The closest thing the Society has to a formal list of doctrines are the Baptismal questions, their Catechism.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Nope, I just checked the Watchtower's own web site and couldn't find the list.

Anyone?

Len

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

I thought for a moment that I had dreamed it but I found the thread. Here's the link.

It was 39 fundamental beliefs.

Len

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Oh, that black horizontal bar at the bottom of the page -- the right-pointing diamond is a hyperlink that takes you to the next page. Click that twice which advances you to the third page and which displays a table of the 39 fundamental beliefs.

Question: How many of those Fundamental (Core) beliefs have changed over the 130 years?

Len

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit