So sad to hear singer/songwriter Lhasa de Sela has died at age 37

by mamochan13 4 Replies latest jw friends

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I just heard today that Llasa de Sela died on New Year's Day of breast cancer, and the news has made me profoundly sad.

I first heard this amazing woman sing when she released her debut album, La Llorona in 1997. Although she made Montreal her home she was actually born in the U.S. She was well-known in certain circles, but her music is worthy of a much wider audience. Hopefully more people will discover her incredible talent, now unfortunately lost to us.

Too many wonderful people have been cut off too soon by cancer, not just incredible musicians like Llasa and Eva Cassidy.

One of my favourites, el Desierto: http://www.trilulilu.ro/JuliaAgripina/7ca416d4bb2fcb

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Is this another case where allopathic medicine has killed someone famous? Like Patrick Swayzee? Those a**holes that are dogging finding a cure for cancer so they can steal people's money off of it, while they die, need to get cancer themselves and get the treatment that they have made available (which is drugs and surgery). And, anyone else that is poised to take their places should be warned that they too will be sentenced to getting cancer and getting whatever treatment they allow the public to get.

Anyone that deprives the public a cure for cancer (which should have been put on the market--there are dozens of cancer cures that the Establishment has made illegal) ought to have to suffer getting cancer themselves.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

What cures would you recommend WTWizard?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I recommend serious research so that we can know for sure what cures these diseases. I can remember the laetrille situation back in the mid 1970s--they just banned it without testing it to make sure it could actually cure cancer. And I can think of numerous other possible cures, that need more research--alpha lipoic acid, high doses of magnesium, antioxidants including vitamin C, astragalus in high doses, and anything else that can alkalize the body and/or help the immune system fight off the cancer.

However, if we are not going to actually allow these substances to be properly tested, we will never know for sure--and the FDA does not want them tested (and neither do the chemo companies).

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

They do put a ton of money into cancer research, but it does seem like so many "cures" that have popular support are ignored.

I think for me this story has touched me, not only because Lhasa was one of my favourite musicians, but because it's another example of a young woman dying of breast cancer. Seems to be happening way too often.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit