How I feel about the "truth"

by jacquicortez 8 Replies latest jw friends

• jacquicortez
    jacquicortez

"THE TRUTH"
    it's like someone giving you a box of puzzle pieces and the person tells you that the puzzle is from God.
    and that you should be so happy and humbled by the fact that it was given to you. 
    Then you are told how to put it together when to put it together, who should help you, who should not help you,
    only marry other puzzle workers, only associate with other puzzle workers, you must dress and act like a puzzle worker
     and you can only use their instructions etc etc if you read any other instructions or use any other art form and
    If you don't do exactly as you are told to do with this puzzle you will die...and as you start to put it together you notice that

the pieces don't all fit, but your constantly told that they do, so don't complain or else your puzzle will be taken away

and you won't get the wonderful chance of putting it together and you will die. You work so hard to make it fit that you become

delusional. Your whole life is working on this puzzle. You are constantly shown an example of how the puzzle should look...but no matter how hard you work your puzzle never ever looks that way. but you are told to keep working on it. The work that you put into it will give you the picture not the correct pieces. Every now and then they come a take a few pieces away and add a few more. at this point you don't even care. You figure "hey it's better than painting"...besides they told you people that paint pictures are crazy and will die too unless they stop and get a box of puzzle pieces. you notice that painters do get dirty but they change their clothes, wash their hands and start over on a new canvas. Most seem to be happy with this. You're stuck with this puzzle and all you can do is wait for new pieces and pray they will fit(you really don't care)they tell you where to put every piece anyway. then you are told to give the same box to everyone you know.and tell them exactly what was told to you. if you don't you will die. so now you're walking around with this puzzle that cannot be put together and you try to pass it off on everyone you know... At first. After awhile you get tired.. you thought you had a treasure but after some years you don't really tell anyone about it(you pretend to). You just torture your family members with it because your pissed that they don't have the fear, burden and delusions that you now are cursed with. You keep thinking about those painters...they don't seem so bad. Yeah each one has a different picture but they all use the same colors and when they make a mess they get a new canvas. some don't have to get a new canvas they allow their mistakes to become apart of the artwork. They work hard for the picture too but because they want to not because they are afraid of being destroyed. they are allowed to use their brains. You were told that they have all sorts of problems that you will never have to deal with. fornication gambling etc it's all in those nasty pictures they paint. After many years you find out that your puzzle isnt the pretty picture you were promised.

in fact it's just a box of pieces.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

oOOOooo...Excellent analysis. Loved it!

lisa

• undertheradar
    undertheradar

I LOVE IT TOO

• fokyc
    fokyc

I have been over 50 years trying to do that very same puzzle.

Now I know it is ALL rubbish and doesn't and will never fit together.

I feel exactly the same about the so called "truth", an excellent explanation.

fokyc

The Google ads are obscuring the start of your post, I am repeating it here:

"THE TRUTH"

it's like someone giving you a box of puzzle pieces and the person tells you that the puzzle is from God.

and that you should be so happy and humbled by the fact that it was given to you.

Then you are told how to put it together when to put it together, who should help you, who should not help you,

only marry other puzzle workers, only associate with other puzzle workers, you must dress and act like a puzzle worker

and you can only use their instructions etc etc if you read any other instructions or use any other art form and

If you don't do exactly as you are told to do with this puzzle you will die...and as you start to put it together you notice that

the pieces don't all fit, but your constantly told that they do, so don't complain or else your puzzle will be taken away

• journey-on
    journey-on

Excellent analogy, jacui. Loved it!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I liked it..

Funny..

.............. ...OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I love it too. Great analogy.

• jacquicortez
    jacquicortez

Thanx

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Great, thoughtful analogy. makes me want to mass email this to every dub I know..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit