Question about disfellowshipping/disassociation

by TweetieBird 17 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

If someone sends an email or text to an elder telling them that they are involved in a wrongdoing and not planning on stopping and then does not respond to reply emails or text messages from that elder, what will happen? Can the elders announce at a meeting that so and so is no longer a JW or do they have to inform them first? I have a friend that did this and 2 elders came by her work to see her but she wasn't there, then they tried to call her at work but she told her co-workers to tell them that she was in a meeting. She hasn't heard anything since but has been shunned by sisters from the hall so she is wondering if she is df'd.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

They can announce that so and so is no longer one of jws without first informing the person.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I think the elders would decide that person has da'ed theirself. The announcement is the same as d'effing.

• cantleave
    cantleave

That person would be treated as if they had DA'd.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

o_O what if someone took her phone and made those message without her knowledge?

lisa

• blondie
    blondie

As long as the JC are convinced they have enough proof of a df'ing offense, they don't have to meet with the person. In this area they send a certified letter (3 times in case it is refused) which is considered "legal." I don't know if an e-mail is "legal" proof of having tried to contact the person. Is there a certified e-mail that is legal?

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

"Disfellowshipping" in the Jehovah's Witness sense is not a legal process in any country on earth that I know of.

So the so-called notification processes Blondie is speaking of are rubbish.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I believe the JW elders need to tread carefully here if they are to use email as their sole burden of proof. Email 'spoofing' and 'hijacking' (among others) can be done. It would be very bad form to DA/DF someone on completely false information. That would not make them look good to the GB at all. Nor to anyone else for that matter.

• Alco Cop
    Alco Cop

The Lyin Kings at your local Kult Hall can do whatever they want to keep the flock in-line. A local "judicial" circus has absouletely nothing in common with justice, or truth, or common sense. Been there. Done that. Never again!

• blondie
    blondie

Rubbish in the non-jw legal view? Certainly these elders take it seriously. Remember that the Legal Department runs the WTS and they have shown an interest in outwardly adhering to Caesar's laws. In the end the elders can make the rules as long as no one challenges them at the CO, DO, or NY level with any belief by these ones. I have seen elders have to reverse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit