Well my "winter' yard decorations have caught the Elders attention !!!!!

by troubled mind 42 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Next time, tell the hounder you think you have swine flu and that if he continues meddling, you would be happy to share it with him. Or, next time it's bird flu. And, if he has a cow with the winter decorations, next time set up a real Christmas decoration setup and tell him to shove it.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Isn't there something in their handbook about not going after someone if they have been inactive over a year?

You will likely discover that how this plays out in the real world is directly related to the personalities of the local brothers. If they're having a slow week and they get a wild hair between their a$$ cheeks, they can take action -- no matter how long it has been.

With Ray Franz, they literally made up a new rule, just to DF him. They even applied this new rule retroactively.

Remember: Cults shoot their wounded. They write the rule book and they change the rules, as they see fit, to serve their purposes.

• Anne
    Anne

Troubled Mind, your interaction made me laugh!! That's good, you didn't answer their question. I bet they were steaming in their boots.

We had a couple of elders come by before Halloween. I had a fall type wreath on the door and pumpkins on the steps. Not one word about them to my hubby. They asked him if they could help us "come back" and that "no one would throw stones". Hubby kept repeating, "if we need anything from you, we'll contact you". They finished up by asking if they could come back latter when Anne was home. (I thought THE MAN was head of house in JW land.)

Anyway.. it's probably a good thing I wasn't there. I may have asked them, "Do you want a pumpkin?"

Don't really care if they drive by and see our big Christmas tree in the window and lights.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit