Flu shots at local (Woo Hooooo) church!

by Fatfreek 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Several days ago my wife and I got our flu shots, both the H1N1 and the seasonal variety.

The local Assembly of God church volunteered the use of their adjacent building (looks like a huge cafeteria) and things couldn't have gone any smoother. We were in and out in less than 5 minutes because we'd already filled out the forms.

It struck me that this is something Jehovah's Witnesses would probably never do -- offer their facilities for some public service.

Yes, I've been out for some 32 years. Has anything changed?

Would a JW even go inside such a facility for such a service?

Len

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Absolutely not , what let a mass amount of demonetized worldlies into the hall, at one point JWS were against vaccinations of any kind.

Thats how stupid they were back decades ago, some unfortunately died because of this.

The JWS is not a charitable organization in a community sense, like other Christian based faiths,

they may help internally to among themselves but thats where the line gets crossed.

And quite frankly they don't even do that very well.

Private Club members only

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

There was a letter from the G B though ( I am reliably informed) about taking precautions and not sneezing over your brothers etc....

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I'm impervious to the flu. I use my mental power.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I heard that my die hard dub mom went to a family reunion at a church hall, so it must be okay with the WB&TS to enter church property for reasons other than worship.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Jamie, nearly every JW I knew would be ok going into a church for any other reason than worship... only the most supersticious did not...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    my die hard dub mom went to a family reunion at a church hall, so it must be okay with the WB&TS to enter church property for reasons other than worship.

Yes, funerals are OK too as long as there is no religious element involved. And when traveling, I know even GB members have gone to famous churches and cathedrals to see the architecture.

So no, as long as "worship" is not involved, it is typically not an issue.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit