AT&T billing problem -- a 411 scam?

by Fatfreek 4 Replies latest social current

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

My wife and I never use 411 (directory assistance) yet during the last several months our main cell phone number has been issued a charge for 1 or 2 instances of using 411. No big deal, right? What's $1.99 or $3.98?

Well, we're retired and tend to watch (yes, we've got the time to do it) every dollar that goes out.

Hey -- why would we even use 411 when we can use either of 2 free (except for minutes used) directory assistance services, one of them by Google. Both of these numbers are in our speed dialing list so it's too convenient not to use them.

Each time, I call AT&T customer service that person patiently and kindly credits the charges to the next billing cycle.

My points are:

1. This is getting tiresome
    2. Are others getting these same charges? If so, this could be quite lucrative -- falsely charge a certain number of customers and only refund the few who actually complain.

Anyone else?

Len

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I have to call ATT&T almost every month for some kind of problem with billing.

One of which is 411 calling.

After months of calling them with various problems and threatening to switch, this

months bill is right.

I THINK!!!

You got to watch them like a hawk.

purps

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Hi friend and neighbor,

After months of calling them with various problems and threatening to switch, this

months bill is right.

I'm happy we're not alone. Along that same vein, I asked her how long we have to go to fulfill our current agreement and she told me that last October was the end of our 24 month contract. I'm sure she got the point as she put me on hold while she "logged our conversation".

Len

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Not so much with AT&T itself ..but our last cell phone was apparently linked to some man and woman who defaulted on their loans. Calls averaged 7 per day a times and each and every time we told the collectors we weren't the people they kept calling .....I managed to track down the originator debtor...a mega US bank..and spoke to a few people there to get it to stop - filed notification with the BBureau..nothing worked. This went on for months until we finally just got rid of the phone - sammieswife.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You should call the Federal Trade Commission about this. If it is not the corret agency, you will be referred to the proper place to make a report.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit