Old WT Literature

by yellow 9 Replies latest jw friends

• yellow
    yellow

I,ve got old bound WT,s Awakes and other books and mags dating back to the early 50's, it's taking up quite a bit of space and I don't know what to do with it. I had thought of setting it alight but I'm not sure if it would burn, it would also be a waste of a perfectly good match. Could anybody give me any ideas please.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

sell them on ebay. lots of people collect that old literature

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

wall papering for your toilet- for those times when you need 'inspiration' Very Constipated

LOL

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

The Awakes from 1966 thru 1969 are especially valuable to some with articles about 1975 that shouldn't be forgotten. Those Awakes were intentionally (my opinion) omitted from the WT Library on CD as the newer issues begin with 1970.

The WT and many other pubs are now available on CD. That eBay tip is probably a good one.

Len

• villabolo
    villabolo

Give them away to me, I'll be glad to pay postage. Selling them through E bay might get you some bucks but there are unscrupulous JWs who will put in an order, then complain to E bay that it was not what they wanted and E bay will rule in their favor, with them keeping the money and literature. It's happened before with other posters. Whatever you do don't dump them.

You can PM me for further details.

villabolo

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

For real villabolo?

Well I gave all mine to the Goodwill..now I wish I knew what I know now and kept some of them because of the Watchtower changing a lot of it's info when converting them to older bound volumns and CD's..

I have a lot of Cassette tapes with talks and songs on them. Not sure from when..I know they were before 2000 probably. Some may even go back. I have them in my storage room here I'll check and see if they have any years on them..mostly all I remember seeing is the name of the talks. My JW MIL gave them to hubby when he was sick. It was supposed to sooth him and give him hope..I think he listened to them for a few days and quit.

Snoozy

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It would help if I knew what country you were in.

There are a few that are valuable to Apostates with family still in the cult. Please don't throw them in the fire before you ID the important ones.

If you have a digital camera, you could try taking photos of stacks of books, showing the spines, and uploading them to tinypic.com so that we can give you a 'heads up' on the goodys.

Cheers

Chris

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I burnt all of mine when I left New Zealand, I was given more here in Australia but within a year dumped them in the recycle bin.

The old ones dated from 1950s.

Unfortunetly I didn't know any better back in 2001

• SBaySteve
    SBaySteve

Well just my two cents but I found it very cleansing/healing to throw all of my literature in the trash. It was a good symbolic gesture and a huge load off my soul. I know the Babble and Trash Society has contradicted itself and represented a lot of outlandish stuff over the years, but the piles of literature were serving no purpose, and given my complete disillusionment with the whole thing it was the right thing to do for me. I couldn't in good conscience contribute any of it to any organization or individual that might read it and get sucked in as i was. This is just for me though, I certainly have no judgments about what anyone else decides to do with their leftovers.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"The Awakes from 1966 thru 1969 are especially valuable to some with articles about 1975 that shouldn't be forgotten. Those Awakes were intentionally (my opinion) omitted from the WT Library on CD as the newer issues begin with 1970."

If they REALLY had wanted to omit articles referring to '75, they would have started the GAs at 1980 and not at 1970, since 1975 is heavily referred to from '70 onwards. So I don't agree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit