Question for All about a friend

by Adonai438 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

Just would like some input to mull over about a situation I'm in.
    As some of ya know I'm an ex-Jw from MN. I've been out going on 7 years now and my JW family just recently started speaking to me again.
    This part of my family consists of My aunt and her 4 children. I was always very close to my aunt and her eldest daughter especially. My aunt is very stuborn and prideful and I don't think she will ever leave the WT even if she knew she was wrong. Her eldest daughter is now 16- same age I was when I got 'rebelious' and started thinking for myself. You all know they tend to squash that behavior though.
    Basicly, my 16 year old cousin is not allowed out of the house unless accompanied by a JW or on some JW assignment. For a brief bit she was able to have an after school job but when she actually made friends there she naturally wanted to see them outside of work. Her mom said no and so she'd do stuff with her friends behind her mom's back. She is a good kid- no smoking, drugs, drinking or anything but the simple desire to do stuff with someone besides her family aparently is a huge sin. She's been grounded into eternity although from what I'm not sure since she's not allowed to do anything anyway.
    I'm in a tough spot of my cousin is interested in my experience getting out of JWs and leading a happy normal life but I've been 'instructed' not to talk about religion with her. I don't want to lie or be decitful to help my cousin and ruin all chances of helping the rest of the family but I can't just leave her hanging there without help either. I can barely talk to or get her alone anymore even if I wanted to. I think I know what I'll end up having to do anyway but am interested in your input as we have all been through the same things. Thanks in advance :)

• COMF
    COMF

Can you direct her to this forum?

• Valis
    Valis

Perhaps your aunt would allow you to take your cousin out or the group of children somewhere. Something innocuos enough to merit consideration...I mean you don't have to take her to an apostate dinner.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I don't see the point in endangering the relationship with the rest of the family, but talking about your experiences against their orders.

And as far as helping get the 16-year-old 'out', the JW family seems to be doing a good enough job all by themselves without your help!!!!

Doesn't the 16-year-old go to school? Perhaps there are other kids she can talk to about it---or perhaps she can be directed to the library computer if there is one. Comf and Valis have good ideas....but leave yourself out of it,I recommend.

Your cousin is very fortunate to have you I think...

BITE ME, WATCHTOWER!!!

• Francois
    Francois

If you direct her to this site, teach her how to erase the telltale signs left in the Windows "History" file, or the game will be quickly up.

FT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit