Starting all over again

by feeling good 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• feeling good
    feeling good

I just became a member last week and picked my name feeling free because that is exactly how I feel FREE AT LAST.

I have stopped going to meetings and field service about 6 months ago, and feel great. There are JW's in my congregation who email me they miss me and are missing me at the meetings but I just respond that I am fine and taking care of myself.

I am so grateful because my husband feels the exact same way that I feel and we have becomer even closer. I love GOD and I feel that he loves me too and I told my husband that I am not going to allow men tell me what to do anymore, he is on the exact same page as I am. I have a 14 and she is a very happy girl who is enrolled in after school activities and is making friends outside the organizaton wonderfully.

We have decided we are going to celebrate the holidays this year as well and we are going to live our life to the Fullest. My only regret is wasting 13 years of my life in the organization letting them control me. All I want is to be a good mother, wife, and friend.

I have a question was it hard starting over after leaving the organization? I have a few friends who I never cut off while in the organization and I expressed how I feel to them and they agree the Organization is a CULT.

Thank You all for your posts. I can see the LOVE here!

M

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

Im so glad you are feeling happy and free. my sister has just left and sas she feels a sense of calm. I do think you are still on your journey, but its a great start. x

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You have everything going for you since your husband and daughter are on the same page, and you have friends outside of the borg. Do you have any family who are in?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome feeling good!

Sounds like you are doing great :)

Blessings,

Stephen

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

It is so wonderful that you can start over with your mate. Not too many here had that opportunity.

Welcome!

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Awesome! Welcome! :)

• flipper
    flipper

FEELING GOOD- Great to have you on the board ! And I'm happy for you that your husband and daughter are feeling the same as you. That really helps . It is hard to make new friends after leaving the JW cult - but in time you will make stronger friendships because the friendships will be " unconditional " instead of being based on how many times you raise your hand at meetings or how many hours you turn in for field service each month. Non-witness friends I have found are much more accepting and patient and understand what we have been through - fighting for our freedom. So - just network with people. Neighbors, meet parents of other schoolmates of your daughter, go to social occasions, dances, music shows or concerts. Lots of places you can meet people. Be innovative. Good luck, and nice to have you here ! Look forward to your posts

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you are already making fantastic adjustments! Glad all of your family is together and feels the same. May your happiness continue.

• mouthy
    mouthy

WELCOME Aboard

• feeling good
    feeling good

No, I do not have family in the Org. My mother died about a year and a half and she was inactive for years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit