People waking up?

by Hikaru 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2009/nov/11/no-headline---112/
    It's a "letter to the editor," so I don't know whether to take it seriously or not.
    But even if it's not by the governments or starts anything. The fact of this letter, people are starting to wake up to religions influence? Or is this just one thing not significant?

• zagor
    zagor

I wouldn't raise my hopes high, that is one letter to editor out of 308 million Americans

Apparently figures are slightly declining as far as religious influence is concerend (often people only swapping religion they were born into for another) but if history is anything to go by as soon as we have any time of crisis you see upsurge of religiosity.

BTW, you've got a very Japanese nickname there, any reason for that? :) I'm trying to learn a bit of Japanese mainly cause of Japanese lady I've been seeing last few months, but I think I'll keep learning it regardless, very nice language.

• teel
    teel

It's just one thing not significant . Judging on your history of postings I assume you ask whether this is a sign of religion being banned just before Armageddon. The short answer is: no. Assuming the JW view is right on this, it still means a worldwide uprising against religion. One person writing a discontent letter to a public newspaper is hardly sign for anything except what it truly is: one person out of 7 billion is discontent with religion. No reason to draw far reaching conclusions out of it.

• asilentone
    asilentone

You worry too much!!!!!!! Think about something else!!!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All it takes is for the leaders to become fundamentalist Christians or Islams, and they can force whole populations back into religious practice. And, they get severely punished if they do not comply. All you have to look at is the Christianization of the nations just before the First Dark Ages, and the Islam influences that forced their way into the Middle East.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

There have always been people against religion. The fact that someone expresses it in a letter to the editor doesn't constitute proof of anything. Seriously, why not stop looking for Armageddon in every corner and enjoy your youth while you still have it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit