One year and counting

by lancelink 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• lancelink
    lancelink

If you look at the previous post, I wrote down what the final nail in my JW carreer was.

And I'll tell you right now, I have absolutly no intention of returning to this religion,,,, but several things have happened and I would appreciate your personal thoughts on the matter.

When my Mom died, about the same time my wife became baptized as a mormon, she was a witness for 20 years before.

She was satisfied spiritually so I left her to her own beliefs. besides I was in no mental position to continually argue about it. She developed lots of new friends, and I focused on myself, dealing with the death of a parent was alot hard than I thought it would be. So I attended a grief support group at a local hospital and it helped me tremendously.

But now that it has been a little more than a year, I find myself getting angry at the fact that my wife seem to have carved out a whole new life with the mormons,, and I seem to be an afterthought many times.

Lately I have gone to services for different religions, but 30 years of jw thinking really dull the edges of anything new I hear or learn.(remember EVERYTHING outside the jw world is evil.

I have always been a spiritual person, and i have done a lot of work helping abused large animals, when i was a witness many times this aspect of my life was looked down on. I get much satisfaction helping something that cannot speak for itself, I feel a great sense of spirituality in this. yet, there is an area in my life that almost seems to need an organized religious system.

My wife is very happy with what she is doing, but there is no way I will get involved with a religion that has such a weird/screwed-up system of beliefs.(I've do my homework regarding the Mormons, and it rivals the witnesses in many ways)

Whenever Iam invited to a get together with them I get the jw "so your not a fellow believer" feeling. And there is an awkward relationship there.

So,,, has this feeling of not being attached to anything happened to anyone who left the witnesses, how did you deal with it, and what did you focus on ?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I fet that way before my stepchildren moved in, because I had extra time on my hands. By the time they were grown and gone, I'd already developed relationships within the community that fulfills my spiritual side. But if volunteerng isn't enough for you, maybe you should check out the Unitarian Church...very educated, liberal, philosophical crowd from what I understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit