What do I say??

by feeling good 6 Replies latest jw friends

• feeling good
    feeling good

I am not df'd I am have been inactive for about 6 months. I have many doubts in the organization. Because I haven't gone to the meetings nobody calls me ? SUPRISED, but I do not call anyone either, except from one girl who I love but she is a little blinded she will say things that she sees my daughter talking to WORLDLY KIDS, and they are bad association etc. She has been calling me and wanting me to go service with her. I do not want to loose her friendship as she is the only person who calls me.

Any words of wisdom?? I would love to hear from you!

• parakeet
    parakeet

Because I haven't gone to the meetings nobody calls me ?

I'm not dfed either. I've not gone to meetings for more than 30 years. I'm still waiting for a phone call.

I do not want to loose her friendship as she is the only person who calls me.

If she's a dyed-in-the-wool JW, she'll drop you like a three-foot putt when she finds out about your doubts. My advice -- start making new friends. Join a club. Invite a co-worker to dinner. Volunteer. There are many amazingly nice nonJW people out there.

Good luck to you.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

say things that she sees my daughter talking to WORLDLY KIDS,

What JW doesn't talk to "worldly" people? Unless you're prepared to run off and live in a cave, subsisting on roots and bugs that can be scrounged from the dirt you must live in society. Living, learning, and working requires interaction with others - including those who don't share your opinions or beliefs. Forbidding your child from speaking to non-jws will socially cripple her as well as make her a target for abuse and bullying.

Personally, I advise making friends who are not JWs. This "bad association" belief of theirs is a tool to socially isolate you so you won't dare to leave their ranks out of fear of losing your entire social network. The JWs have their share of "bad association" within the congregations too, and "the world" has more than its share of good associates.

W

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I agree, make new friends. you are better than that, and it seems a lack of friends who accept you for who you are and not what you choose to believe is what you need to gain some perspective and realise you are better off without those kinds of people.

I have left so many behind I considered friends, - but friendship by its nature is chosen - as witness you cant choose your friends in the same way you cant choose your family. - so I say, choose your friends, and choose ones who will make you feel good. in the long run you will see that these people only care about you while you are in the organisation.

• asilentone
    asilentone

parakeet, you are still waiting for a phone call? What would you say if they call you?

• feeling good
    feeling good

Than you all for you comments I value your opinions.

• parakeet
    parakeet

asilentone: parakeet, you are still waiting for a phone call? What would you say if they call you?

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit