Local needs

by yellow 3 Replies latest jw friends

• yellow
    yellow

I recently d/a and wrote a letter concerning my views at the same time. A few weeks prior a bro was d/f, Now I know they normally have local needs talks shortly after these announcements which speak about the sin without naming the person. What alarms me is that they are having a series of these talks. And it pisses me off cause I haven't done anything wrong, I haven't spoken to anyone about my views. My reasons for d/a were entirely my own. I only ever said to a few elders that I had come across some web sites and was alarmed at what I saw I never expressed any doubts or changes in my thinking. I was told to keep it to myself. No harm done. Imagine my surprise when I returned from holiday to discover that a local needs talk was given on apostate websites and I was visibly shunned by some members of the cong. So much for keeping it quiet!!! I realized then I better d/a or my life will be hell. They've actually done me a favour glad i,m out. But are these shaming and blaming talks really necessary in light of the fact i've never spoken to anyone re my viewpoint on the society. And could I sue if they make slanderous accusations against me?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

First off yellow, I'm glad to hear that you've done yourself a favor and DA'd.

To make a long story short, these "blame and shame" local needs are needed, at least for the elders to maintain control over the sheep.

Don't bother trying any legal action. You have no evidence, and therefore no case.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

In the past they would Df and tell the audience what the person had done wrong, so be glad that they didn't directly say it was you being apostate. People can assume that's what you did, but there's no real proof. That's why you can't sue. I'm sure that's why they stopped describing what sin people had committed, to save the legal hassle.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Legal action or none, I suggest you never try to get reinstated--doing that would only waste your time even worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit