Has anyone heard of Blastoff?

by metaspy 0 Replies latest jw friends

• metaspy
    metaspy

An old school mate of mine contacted me recently and was all excited about the upcoming release of a free website. It is supposed to be the "next big thing". Crazy part is, I had never heard of it. Not one person I have talked to (outside of the person who told me) has heard anything.

Anyone here heard of Blastoff??

I had to check it out because I am a web geek.

http://my.blastoffnetwork.com/chadsgoodwin89

Yes, I know it is personalized, and it says my name.

**Disclaimer** I am not trying to sell anything, I just thought I would run down the aspects of this site - as it does have some good things to offer. The site is completely free.

Because I doubt anyone has seen it, I will give you a run down of the good, the bad and the ugly. Keep in mind, I have only had a week to look at it. Plus I want to see if anyone else has any experience with this site I could learn from.

The Good

• It is free, no cost
    • Money back on your purchases from certain web stores
    • Money back on purchases from people who sign up under you
    • It gives quick access to hulu, facebook, and news (which is no different from many customizable homepages)

The Bad

• Advertising - Prepaid Legal holds the uppermost section, regardless of how you customize the site
    • Doesn't keep you logged in when you open new windows or navigate away then come back

The Ugly

• The games are mediocre - the big names "zelda" "world of warcraft" "mario brothers" are a joke.
    • The backgrounds behind the content are hard on the eyes.

I think for purchasing online, this is a cool site as it gives money back. For content, news and games - there are much better places to get them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit