"Blinded by Satan"

by Sour Grapes 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

The brother who gave the public talk on Sunday said

that people who are not Jehovah's Witnesses are

blinded by Satan. That sure made me feel special.

When new ones get baptized, then they must have

been blinded by Satan before they became JW's.

I wonder what unblinded them? If it was God then

why not unblind millions of more people? JW's like

to think how special that they are and how every one

else is under Satan's control. He also mentioned the

danger of singing or humming Christmas songs now

that we are nearing the Christmas season.

Sour Grapes

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Well, that is one of the advantages to belonging to a Special Club - clapping yourself on the back and extolling the failings of everyone else.

...and I have yet to see a single person "fall away" from Christmas music! Just think of all the radio stations Satan is using to blast the airwaves this year.

I wonder...will Christmas decorations burn the love of Jehovah out of you through your eyes?

• civicsi00
    civicsi00
    He also mentioned the danger of singing or humming Christmas songs now that we are nearing the Christmas season.

I liked Christmas songs when I was growing up. Sure, I loathed the celebration of it. But the music was always fun, lol.

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

I remember being punished for this very thing back in elementary school. The teacher had the class design paper snowflakes or snowsleds or some other wintery type thing. The class was to put Merry Christmas on it, but of course when it came time for me to do it the teacher found a loophole and said well what if you put season's greetings on it? I thought a sec about it and said ok because to me this wasn't a loophole it was just saying "welcome the winter season" as far as I was concerned. Well you would think I ran a stolen car into a bank with the intent to rob it while flipping the bird to the cops by the way I was beat over that BS.

• carla
    carla

Blinded by satan? well, you must be an amature! The jw's told my jw satan was IN me!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Mentioning the danger of singing or humming Christmas songs? Don't they already create enough headaches with that doctrine? I remember when I was a witless, I would worry about the Christmas songs as early as February the preceding year, and start getting ready then. It made work a nightmare around that time, as the density of Christmas songs went from around 1 in 4 up to solid during the season.

Plus, I think they are too late with that announcement. I have been picking up Christmas music and recording them onto mini discs since July, and I have already been listening to them (with the nice variety of good music, I found out what I had been missing out on by drowning them out). And, if they are not careful (that is, they are stupid enough to recapture me now), I intend to play Christmas music on purpose, and make the songs get stuck in their heads on purpose into January and even February (and later, if at all possible). And I don't give a f*** about it.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I actually like Christmas songs. They make me feel spiritual and

closer to God.

Sour Grapes

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The way many of others see it, everyone is blind to a degree.

Jehovah's Witnesses put faith in a manmade organization, the leaders of which have had no revelation or word from God. It's an assumption. "We are TRUE because we see no one else teaching the TRUTH as we understand it!"

Brilliant! But people see truth in different ways.

When Witnesses die, they know immediately that they're wrong. They see their bodies below them and yet they move, seem to be breathing and continuing on in life, yet not burdened. What do they think then? Okay, well, no one knows, perhaps, but what if?

My problem is that God has never endorsed the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. He's never given them His stamp of approval. The leaders are clueless, there are no pillars of fire or smoke, no revelation or guidance, manna from heaven; indeed, the leaders don't even claim inspiration!

How can they lead if their inspiration is no better than mine?

Well, whatever...everyone pays their money and takes their choice.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Hmmmn.... I though that satan was responsible for the great apostacy that blinded all except the mormon's Joseph Smith from 'knowing the truth"??? I smell a rat! or do I? what were we talking about again?????

Lillith's gone crazy enough to talk about herself in the second?first person?- darn satan lol Crazy

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The truth is, I think we sometimes blame Satan for things we should be taking responsibility for ourselves.

Certainly, Satan blinds. If the Jehovah's Witnesses is God's earthly organization, then Satan will blind people to it. But if the Mormons or Seventh-Day Adventists are His church, then he will blind people to that, just as he blinded the Jews to the early church.

Faith is a good thing, but at least the Mormons and Seventh Day Adventists have claimed that God speaks. He's actually talked to someone and said, "This is the way to go." Now both of these sects cannot be right, but both can be wrong, or one might be right, who knows? But the Witnesses are completely without confirmation. In every respect its a manmade church.

In the end, though, we can't blame Satan for having blinded us. On the same basis, God will not damn people because they chose wrongly thinking they were choosing right. Everything has its consequences, but God ultimately judges men by what's in their hearts. For anyone to say, everyone else is blinded and, therefore, damned, is a bohemian view.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit