A must watch nutritional video.

by B-Rock 1 Replies latest jw friends

• B-Rock
    B-Rock

Vitamin D lecture from UC. It is a panacea, and this lecturer is gifted.

http://www.ucsd.tv/search-details.aspx?showID=15773

Embedded here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq1t9WqOD-0

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Yes, vitamin D (the D3 form, not the crap D2 form) is very good for you. Lack of it can make you more vulnerable to colds and flu (and people blame it on going outside without a jacket when it's cold--I handily busted that myth in college by going out in freezing cold without a jacket on purpose and getting caught in the rain on purpose, and getting no cold). It helps build bones and teeth (in fact, many of the syndromes that are supposedly genetic are in fact variations of good old fashioned rickets). It also helps keep you from getting cancer (remember, anything that supports the immune system helps destroy cancer before it can get the upper hand).

Now, I am going to mention the limitations of vitamin D. No, not that it is toxic if you take too much (D2 especially). However, if you are deficient in magnesium, taking the whole bottle of vitamin D is going to do you no good. If you take too much fluoride internally, it makes calcium impossible to absorb, and vitamin D is not going to help you. It will also do nothing if the problem is a deficiency in another vitamin (which are also very common--vitamin C, the B vitamins, and vitamin E are surprisingly common to be short on). Alone, vitamin D is unlikely to cure cancer or any infection--for that, you need all the nutrients to be at optimal levels. And, vitamin D will not make you lose weight and keep it off.

I recommend getting vitamin D from sunshine during the summer months--meaning you have to go out in the sun from time to time without the cancer cream (the sunscreen). A moderate tan is healthy--a burn is not. When it is too cold or the days are too short to get much vitamin D from sun, you will need supplements.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit