Just a thought on blood

by billie jean 4 Replies latest jw friends

• billie jean
    billie jean

Don't get me wrong i'm not a Vegan coming on here with facts about this, and that, but i've just been reading about Milk or should i say any dairy products containing, pus and blood. apparently it is always there no matter how pasturised the products are. i was wondering if any dubs were aware of this ? something to bring up with my parents i think.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

glad i dont drink milk...yuk and nope i dont drink tea r coffee, just water 24/7, i dont have orange nothing water water water....

will have to ask about that one though, thanks for that.

• leavingwt
  • nelly136
    nelly136

if you put kosher in the search on watchtower.org it brings up absolutely no results,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_and_meat_in_Jewish_law and i dont think any non vegetarian jw i knew of would ever have associated a cheese burger as a milk and meat food item.

• Scully
    Scully

The reason for the misconception on the "pus" issue is that both pus and human milk are abundant in leukocytes (white blood cells). As well, human milk, particularly the precursor to human milk called colostrum, has antibodies that are also found in blood, and which can be extracted from donor blood for "fractions" (IgG, IgM, IgA, IgD and IgE, for example).

You can readily find this via Google (click here for a link directed to the everyman kind of reader).

For several decades now, the WTS has encouraged breastfeeding babies, allowing newborn babies to consume ("eat") a naturally occurring source of identical cells found in blood, which would be forbidden to JWs to take in the form of a transfusion.

Some abstracts from scholarly articles:

Colostral leukocytes

Bactericidal mechanisms of human breast milk leukocytes.

Sensitisation through breast milk?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit