Fantastic site for people who just left JWs

by oscartheduck 3 Replies latest jw friends

• oscartheduck
    oscartheduck

I just found a site today that might be perfect for someone who just left:

http://members.aol.com/beyondjw/

THis is a really well written piece that helps to start the disillusionment with the society...tyhe whole website is very comforting and keeps it formost in mind that it's purpose is to help anyone who just left the organisation to find their feet.

I really recommend it.

============================
    The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126 "As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible "

• ISP
    ISP

It seems pretty good. Fairly balanced take on a number of issues. Nice summary........

Witnesses are presented with an elite social milieu, a feeling of certainty, and a hope for better things. These are things that most people dearly want to find. It takes great bravery to give it all up.

It is exceedingly difficult to face this challenge alone. If you have decided to leave the Witnesses, your first priority should be to find whatever support you can get, through books, articles, web sites -- and people. As you move away from your "new" life into a newer one, you will find that the world is not as shadowy as the Witnesses have led you to believe. Love is everywhere, in many forms.

Be careful, though, that you don't leave the Witnesses and jump into yet another controlling group (religious or otherwise). Take your time, and always remember the dictum: Tout ce qui brille n'est pas or -- not everything that shines is gold.

Think for yourself, and keep asking questions.

ISP
  • ashitaka
    ashitaka

hmmmmm-{in a good way}

nice quote.

ashi

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Oscar,

That was one of the 1st sites i visited when i left and it was helpful. I think the music detracts from it, but the site is very gentle.

Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit