Scripture that says something like in heaven you are neither male or female?

by Bambie 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ssn587
    ssn587

In Matthew 22:29 it reads: In Reply Jesus said to them: "You are mistaken, because You know neither the Scriptures not the power of God."

and the reference given is H which equals Mark 12:24 and Mark 12:24 refers to Matt. 22:29 and Luke 20:34. So the question arises, just which scripture is Jesus talking about???

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is nothing more than another memory lapse (it was, after all, more than 40 years between when Jesus said those words and when they were written down), plus Paul's influence. Or, perhaps, yet another scam from Jehovah Himself to make celibacy (which is bad for self and society, since it wastes perfectly good happiness plus an opportunity for conception of the scientist who is going to take us into the infinity-eth dimension and solve our problems) look virtuous. And for Jehovah to get out of providing all of us (yes, Jehovah, including me) with full satisfaction of sex drives.

Then, I cannot place the monks entirely above mistranslating these passages. After all, they are bound to celibacy by the church, and could easily have envy ("if I can't have sex, I am going to write these scriptures in this way so no one else can have it, either").

• snowbird
    snowbird

In Matthew 22:29 it reads: In Reply Jesus said to them: "You are mistaken, because You know neither the Scriptures not the power of God."
    and the reference given is H which equals Mark 12:24 and Mark 12:24 refers to Matt. 22:29 and Luke 20:34. So the question arises, just which scripture is Jesus talking about???
    Jesus was talking about this one:

Exodus 3:14 God said to Moses, "I-AM-WHO-I-AM. Tell the People of Israel, 'I-AM sent me to you.'"

15 God continued with Moses: "This is what you're to say to the Israelites: 'God, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob sent me to you.' This has always been my name, and this is how I always will be known.

Jesus said his detractors (the Sadducees) knew neither the Scriptures nor the power of God. As if anything is impossible for Him!

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit