Scripture that says something like in heaven you are neither male or female?

by Bambie 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bambie
    Bambie

It's been many years since I thought about this, but recently a friend and I were talking and I briefly mentioned that in the Bible it says that in heaven (or at least, those resurrected to heaven) are neither male or female. I don't own a NWT or any Bible anymore, so can someone look in a concordance and find that scripture for me? I'd really appreciate it.

And please, if I remember this JW belief incorrectly, please set me straight.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Matthew 22: 29 Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. NIV

Sylvia

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

... cuz everyone wants to be a eunich with supernatural powers.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Another day-dream shot to h**l.

• Bambie
    Bambie

So from the scripture in Matt 22:30 does that mean that the angels are neither male or female?

• snowbird
    snowbird

I don't know, but The Message Bible has an interesting take on this.

Matthew 22:29,30 Jesus answered, "You're off base on two counts: You don't know your Bibles, and you don't know how God works. At the resurrection we're beyond marriage. As with the angels, all our ecstasies and intimacies then will be with God. MSG

Sylvia

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

That seems to be a free combination of Matthew 22:29-30 and Galatians 3:28.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Galatians 3:28: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

• Gregor
    Gregor

So why did the angels who became Nephilim get the hots so bad for the daughters of men that they came to earth and took on flesh and blood dicks?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Something new or something to do?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit